Collections Operations Manager
£64,000 plus car and bonus
The Collections Operations Manager has complete responsibility for all collections activity, ensuring principles of Treating Customers fairly are adhered to by all members of the collections team and is central to the provision of processes and procedures in the department.
What you'll be doing
* Delivering complaint processes, procedures and policies; monitoring to ensure compliance and consistency
* Acts as role model and leader to ensure the business vision and values are embedded within team
* Set standard of conduct and performance within the operational team to deliver business objectives
* Delivers continuous improvement
* Uses systems, software and other tools to deliver best practice in collections operations
* Drives productivity in line with agreed Key Performance Indicators thus ensuring performance expectations are met, monitors performance and development objectives for all direct reports
* Ensures exceptional levels of customer service are achieved in line with business standards and expectations
* Assists in the creation of Personal Development Plans for direct reports and supports development-training activities.
* Creates, manages and maintains a suit of reporting for operational support and analysis or process and process improvement constantly driving appropriate change
* P&L responsibility for a collections function.
* Advises on policy development relating to own areas of expertise which may have wide-reaching impacts on other areas of the business.
* Impact of decisions and actions may be a mixture of short, medium and perhaps long-term, i.e. a mix of strategic and operational focus.
* Leads budget preparation and responsible for overall budget monitoring for own division.
* Confidence and ability to represent the company externally, typically to a mixture of senior management and operational representatives from 3rd party organisations and to demonstrate a high level of influence and credibility in own, and possibly wider, areas of expertise.
* High level of commercial acumen, including a good understanding of the business outside own area.
* Considerable depth and breadth of experience across one or more diverse technical areas.
* Works without supervision in own area of expertise and often on wider/more complex areas
* Minimum 8 years call centre management experience in Collections or recoveries in Consumer Credit
* Detailed knowledge of all regulations relating to collections activity
* Excel at solving unstructured problems
* Able to lead cross-functional teams
* Evidence of strong analytical skills
* Successful track record operating, partnering with and influencing stakeholders including at the executive level
* Experience building, developing and managing high-performing teams
* Strong knowledge of the consumer finance industry
* Thorough knowledge of departmental and business policies and procedures that will support the call centre environment