Role: Senior Buyer (Medical Devices)
Location: High Wycombe, Bucks
Salary: Up to £45k basic DOE, company bonus scheme & benefits
Our client is a leading UK manufacturer and distributor of medical devices that provide a unique range of healthcare solutions focused on infection control and delivering sterile products into hospitals, NHS and the Private Healthcare sector.
These are exciting times for them so as grow they are looking to hire a truly exceptional Senior Buyer to join their UK team. As Senior Buyer you will be responsible for placing and managing purchase orders, developing and managing suppliers to performance expectations and objectives, identifying and resolving supply problems, and functioning as a decision-maker for orders and problems of a larger or more complex scope.
This new role includes managing inventory to meet customer service objectives; negotiating needs and requirements, and prioritizing purchase order schedules. In addition, you will also manage the accurate maintenance of supplier and item data points in the ERP system. As the Senior Buyer, you must be able to identify performance gaps and lead initiatives to improve upon supplier and company performance to address these gaps and meet objectives.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Manage the purchase order life cycle through the process, reporting and metrics; placing/confirming purchase orders, management of schedules, and ensuring material is received into stock.
* Support and lead the development and execution of planning strategies based on re-order points, min/max inventory, Material Requirements Planning (MRP), lot sizing policies and defined supply strategies in order to meet forecast, inventory and customer satisfaction objectives.
* Maintain purchase order accuracy (quantities, pricing, ship dates, delivery dates, payment terms) and system data accuracy (lead-times, min/max, re-order point levels) to enable the effectiveness of Key Surgical systems and processes.
* Contribute to daily communication on status and resolution of back order items
* Manage performance of suppliers; communicating expectations, metrics, and supporting/leading performance and continuous improvement efforts to minimize the total cost of ownership
* Address product quality and supplier performance issues through the Non-Conforming Material Review (NCMR) process, cause and corrective action follow up and process-driven continuous improvement.
* Ensure close cooperation with forwarding agents for on-time delivery or import processing and the associated provision of necessary documents
* Bachelors, or similar, a degree in business administration.
* CIPS (Certificate in Procurement and Supply Chain Operations) and/or CILT (Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport) certification preferred.
* Preferred 5 years or more of related work experience
* Preferred experience in the medical industry and with ISO quality systems (ISO 13485 preferred)
* Proficient with ERP / MRP systems and MS Office applications. Experience with Exchequer and/or Microsoft Great Plains ERP systems a plus.
* Ability to identify risk and solve complex problems and establish sustainable process improvements to address the gaps
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Self-starter with the ability to work independently
* Organized and detail-oriented
* Customer service focus.
* Ability to mentor and develop less experienced personnel
* Some travel may be required