6 month Fixed Term Contract
Summary of department:
The finance function provides a range of accounting and financial management support services to Stonebridge International Insurance Limited (SIIL). This includes operational, management reporting, financial and regulatory reporting. The finance function also assists the SIIL business with decision support analysis.
Summary of Role:
The SIIL Senior Accounts Assistant position is a role within the SIIL Finance function, with responsibility for a range of routine financial processes (payment processing, journal input, and general ledger management) undertaken in support of the Stonebridge Insurance business.
The role involves working as part of a small financial operations and reporting team, and liaison with the wider AUK Finance function in the coordination of an overall finance and actuarial support service as defined within the intra-group SLA. The post holder will undertake day-to-day activities in accordance with defined service standards and production deadlines including processing policy claim, supplier and other ad-hoc payments, performing reconciliations, financial analysis and expense reporting, checking of ledger balances, analysis of ledger balances and ensuring that the financial accounting controls are operating as planned.
- Perform the daily activities outlined in core rota work to deliver complete and accurate financial transactions, receipts & payments, ensuring that general ledger is aligned to core business systems.
- Reconcile balance sheet and Profit & Loss (P&L) accounts on a monthly basis, including expense accruals and provisions.
- Ensure Control account reconciliations are produced on a timely basis and any outstanding items are investigated and cleared within a reasonable time.
- Identify accounting and transaction anomalies, investigate and resolve any discrepancies in an accurate and timely manner and make adjusting journal entries prior to closure.
- Process claim and ad-hoc payments.
- Reconcile claim payments with the claims department on a monthly basis.
- Process and reconcile accounts payable to include the calculation and booking of accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure the provision of accurate information per the reporting timetable.
- Assist in the production of various business reports and perform variance analysis in support of business performance monitoring, including operating expenses, policy volumes and premiums.
- Assist in completing month-end and year-end closure.
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of operating budgets and forecast, including support to specified elements of the medium term planning process.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Adept in the use of MS Office tools, notably Excel.
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills.
- Able to operate on own initiative.
- Able to develop creative solutions.
- Experienced in the practical operation of accounting processes and financial reporting.
- Experienced in the operation and maintenance of general ledger accounting systems.
Competitive salary dependent on experience from £20,440 to £25,550.
In return, we can offer you career development and a range of financial services benefits including:
- Non-contributory Pension between 8% and 12% dependent on age
- Flexible benefits including private health care, income protection and life assurance with additional voluntary benefits available
- Subsidised on-site restaurant including Subway and Costa (Edinburgh)
- Free on-site multi-story car park (Edinburgh)
- On-site gym facilities (Edinburgh)
Please submit your application by 30th October 2020
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.