A well-established firm of accountants in York with an excellent reputation in the market place, having a wide and varied client base covering numerous industries and business entities is seeking a general practice accountant.
This exciting opportunity will appeal to an ambitious ACCA/ACA qualified accountant who is looking to further their career within a forward-thinking and accountancy practice in the prosperous city of York.
The successful candidate is likely to have at least 3 years of previous experience gained within a general accountancy practice where they have undertaken a wide variety of work including accounts preparation, VAT returns, tax computations, and possibly audit.
Reporting directly to the regularity. This role represents the perfect opportunity for an accountant to progress their career within a practice that believes in staff development and progression.
The senior role requires:
· Building and maintaining strong client relationships
· Handled small business accounting with journal
· Preparing working papers and annual accounts for sole traders and owner-managed SMEs
· Prepare statutory accounts in accordance with UK FRS 105 and FRS 102A
· Prepare corporation tax returns for our clients with small-sized companies
· Review VAT returns and submissions under MTD
· Communicating with clients
· Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients
· Supervise a team of accounts and train staff as appropriate.
· Processing Journals and finalising Accounts
· Preparation of accounts and VAT returns for Sole Traders, Company and Partnerships
· Corporation tax submission
· Companies House admin
· HMRC compliance
· Telephone and face to face liaison with clients including onsite visits
· Other ad-hoc duties
· ACA/ACCA level qualified
· Previous experience in a similar position in a practice background
· Work confidently with various computer and accounting software such as QB and Xero .
· Up to date financial and tax regulations
· Quality assurance and customer care
· Effective business communication and team working spirit
· 3 years of experience working within an accountancy firm
· Good oral/written English skill
Salary will be negotiable depending on experience.