A charity that provides free of charge palliative care services and family support has an exciting opportunity for a part-time store manager to join their dynamic and forward-thinking retail team. Reporting to the Retail Operations Area Manager this position is based at their Ellesmere store.
With an eye for detail and taking a hands-on approach, you will need to be commercially aware, driven and well organised. You will also have the passion and leadership skills to motivate and recruit a team of volunteers in order to maximise profits and help us raise the funds they need to run the hospice.
The charity is looking for someone who can deliver high standards of presentation and merchandising and who enjoys being on the shop floor and driving sales through great customer service.
If you have a strong retail background and are keen to engage with the local community then they would love to hear from you.Salary:
£17-18k FTE (£10,200-£10,800 pro rata for 22.5 hours per week)Key Responsibilities:
- To be responsible for the day to day running of the shop, ensuring set KPI's are met and to achieve overall business objectives, including profit targets by maximising sales and minimising costs
- To be responsible for the effective recruitment, induction, management and development of volunteers in the shop, ensuring the team feel valued, motivated, happy and supported and are united in a common goal to raise as much money as possible for the hospice
- To ensure that the shop is open for its set trading times, as agreed with the Head of Retail
- To empower volunteers to deliver and maintain exceptional retail standards, including visual merchandising, customer service, stock generation and management, range selection and effective pricing through on-going training and development
- To maximise returns from the Gift Aid scheme, ensuring it is operated to its full potential, and within HMRC guidelines
Full training is provided.
Candidates will need a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Sounds interesting? Click APPLY
to send your CV for immediate consideration.
Candidates with previous experience in or job titles including: Retail Assistant, Shop Assistant, Sales Attendant, Sales Assistant, Retail Store Assistant, Store Manager, Shop Manager, Retail Manager, Assistant Manager may be considered.