We are looking for a High Value Fundraiser to join the Fundraising team at Samaritans. This role will lead on the development of high-quality applications and reporting to a portfolio of high value Trusts, Foundations and Statutory Funder. The High Value Fundraiser will coordinate operational and financial information for key strategic programmes, identify funders and funding opportunities, and provide support on strategic bids and reports.
Responsibilities:Bid development and writing
- Permanent, full time role (35 hours per week)
- Homeworking at present, then based in Ewell, Surrey
- We are open to flexible working requests
Donor care and stewardship
- Work with the team to collate and develop compelling wording, evidence, and case study materials to build a bid library of relevant information on Samaritans work, achievements and track record, and key policies and practices.
- Pull together materials, wording, project outlines and budgets to create a compelling Case for Support against key programme, projects, or themes.
- Lead on identifying funders and scoping out funding opportunities; drawing on thorough funder research and insights.
- Lead on prospecting, developing applications and reporting for large Trust and statutory funders - working closely with the Statutory Fundraising lead and Head of Trusts, Statutory and Major Gift Fundraising.
- Manage a portfolio of applications and funding relationships, developing strong cultivation, stewardship and engagement opportunities to grow partnerships with funders central to achieving Samaritans vision.
- Work collaboratively across teams to maximise integration to provide positive and inspiring donor experiences, ensuring donors are at the heart of all we do in are efforts to support people who are struggling so that fewer people die by suicide.
- Able to use a fundraising contact management database to maintain up to date records and regular reporting on activity.
- Work closely with the Finance department, operational leads and project managers to create budgets for applications and report, including packaging up work and relevant cost across departments for programmes of work and new projects.
- Work closely with the Head of team, and Assistant Director for Business Development to maintain regular contact with the finance team on budget and income throughout the year to help identify funding gaps/needs and share clarity on restricted and unrestricted income secured.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the bid process to statutory and trust funders
- Previous experience of successfully securing funding through writing compelling bids and applications to funders
- Knowledge of managing a portfolio of funding relationships
- Knowledge and understanding of funder requirements and best practice
- Good working knowledge of fundraising databases
- Excellent communication skills - written storytelling and verbal
- Excellent numeracy skills - can understand and create budgets (full cost recover) and present financial reporting
- Strong organisational skills and able to manage time to meet deadlines
- Able to engage stakeholders at all levels within the organisation
Samaritans is wholly committed to inclusion and diversity, and to building a culture and environment where everyone is appreciated for the unique person that they are.
We warmly welcome applications from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences. Travel:
Please note, the successful candidate will be required to travel and attend weekend meetings across the UK and Ireland (around 4 per year).