We are seeking a Behaviour Change Officer to support and deliver a broad range of behaviour interventions and promotions to encourage and increase active, and sustainable travel in East Lothian communities. You will promote health and wellbeing by engaging, empowering and supporting a healthier, better connected and more resilient community.
This contract is expected to go on until 31 March 2021 with a possible extension and is home based for the foreseeable future.
· Work closely with colleagues in the Council, local authority partners and local delivery groups and will be responsible for coordinating high quality behaviour change interventions
· Be responsible for projects which seek to monitor the impact of active travel projects, particularly in achieving increases in walking and cycling and to monitor trends relating to the Council's Active Travel Improvement Plan
· Develop relevant proactive outreach activities to local communities to maximise engagement with infrastructure projects
· Prepare reports, strategic plans, briefings, presentations and other relevant documents for Council meetings, external agencies, senior officers and other key stakeholders
· Identify opportunities for continual improvement and demonstrate effective delivery of initiatives to encourage uptake of active and sustainable travel, within a complex internal and external environment
· Provide and support the delivery of cycle training as directed, proportionate and commensurate with other duties
· Experience of effective behaviour change project delivery and community engagement and/or research and monitoring
· Experience in working with Behaviour Change tools and best practice to create long-term change
· To be able to introduce new methods and processes of working within the Council, using best practice from elsewhere in the UK, and devising creative ways to achieve ambitious levels of sustainable transport use in East Lothian
· Have an appreciation of social marketing techniques and effective methods to achieve behaviour change, referring to best practice and theoretical models and segmentation techniques where necessary
· Have experience of planning effective events to publicise information about active and sustainable travel
· Knowledge of Local Transport Strategy and other plans including the Cycling Action Plan Scotland
· Cycle Trainer qualification/experience to support cycle training delivery in formal education or community settings
Please note, a Basic Disclosure is required for this post.
If you would like to be considered for this Behaviour Change Officer role, please click the link to apply. We would love to hear from you!
ASA Recruitment is one of Scotland's largest independent multi-sector recruitment agencies. We specialise in providing effective tailored solutions for permanent, contract and temporary employment requirements for our Clients and Candidates. We are members of the REC and are ISO certified.
YOU SEEK WE FIND