Are you looking for a new opportunity that can work around your current schedule? Do you like helping others achieve and fulfil their potential? If the answer is YES, we want to work with you.
Randstad Student & Worker Support are looking for reliable and committed individuals who are looking for new opportunities and have a passion to help others by working with students who face barriers due to disability and difficulties who have a range of different needs that they need support with.
The role is based at Bedford College, with an immediate start date.
You could be supporting in any of the following curriculum areas by being a Learning Support Assistant / Job Coach:
- Child Care
- Fabrication & Welding
- Foundation Learning
- Health & Social Care
- Travel & Tourism
- Uniform Services
Your Benefits for working with Randstad
- Working for the UK's leading provider
- Flexible working hours to suit your lifestyle
- E-learning and CPD
- FREE on-site car parking
- FREE DBS check - Save yourself £50!
- Your own dedicated consultant to support your queries
- Holiday pay + other benefits
- Pension scheme
- There is no need for you to have previous experience as training and online support will be provided.
- Providing support to students in group based sessions under the direction of the Tutor
- Helping students to transition from educational life to working life
- Developing learner's English and Maths skills
- Having the ability to keep students on task and engaged
- Promoting independent learning with your students
- Helping students in the workplace
- Working within the policies and procedures of the college, in partnership with other staff and teams
- Attending staff and review meetings where necessary
- Driving is essential
- Ability to communicate and work with young adults
- Desire to support and help students to reach their full potential
- Work as part of a team
- Maintain a confident and professional approach at all times
- Successful applicants must be suitable to work with children and vulnerable adults
- Maths and English GCSE (grade C or above)
Desirable for this role
- Experience in supporting people with: learning difficulties, disabilities, education or care
- Experience of working in the outdoors
If you are committed to making a difference to a students life and education please apply today and together we can make a difference.
Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone