The Portfolio Management Lead will be responsible for implementation, management and evolution of key Delivery assurance controls and Standards within CDIO. Specifically, they will ensure the overall CDIO Portfolio is being delivered in the right way, that appropriate controls, standards and assurance arrangements are in place and opportunities to improve delivery are identified through insight and implemented.
CDIO Project Portfolio Management (PPM) team are the front door for all IT related change in HMRC, within PPM, the delivery assurance funtion is responsible for the development, management, implementation and continuous improvement of the CDIO change assurance framework and associated governance process and controls.
The Delivery Assurance lead will ensure that projects and programmes are delivering effectively, whilst continuously improving through leveraging industry best practice. A key part of the role will involve representing HMRC at various forums and clearly understanding the CDIO Portfolio of work, it will also involve ensuring that key stakeholders are managed and process/standards aligns to HMRC requirements.
• Demonstrating a clear understanding of project and portfolio management principles and operating models, and an ability to exploit toolsets and data.
• Establishing and maintaining high quality senior level relationships and building stronger strategic relationships between CDIO and wider HMRC.
• Design, implementation and on-going management of portfolio change and assurance principles.
• Partnering with individual delivery areas to understand their processes and challenges to ensure that processes and standards facilitate best practice delivery and support escalation of key issues.
• Planning, direction, coordination and line management of a Team.
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
Communicating and Influencing
Making Effective Decisions
• Learning and development tailored to your role
• An environment with flexible working options
• A culture encouraging inclusion and diversity
• A Civil Service pension