Our client, a premier global automotive supplier are currently seeking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic Team Leader. As Team Leader you will report directly into the Business Unit Supervisor and be responsible for the safety, quality and output of the assigned area on a day to day basis.
This position will be working 6am-2pm / 2pm-10pm and commands a competitive salary for the right candidate.
Your key responsibilities will include:
* Promotion of safety to employees and processes - PPE auditing, LOTO, COSHH
* Quality sign-off and building of competence and confidence of technical skills
* Leading teams and delivering Tier 1 daily meetings
* Problem solving and Kaizen - Seeking root cause for downtime or quality issues using CI tools
* Deliver the autonomous maintenance schedule
* Building and developing a team that exceed expectations - Addressing T&A issues, Return to Work and recognition of high performing individuals
To be successful in the role of Team Leader, you may have previously worked as a Supervisor, Chargehand or Department Head and you will possess the following qualities:
* Proven production leadership experience (Background from within the Castings sector would be highly advantageous)
* Experience of problem solving
* Use of 5S to improve production environment
* Able to deliver group communication confidently
* Undertake Risk Assessments and carry out audits
* Ability to create SWI's
* Use KPI's to track performance
This position is based in Telford and is easily commutable from Birmingham, Shrewsbury, Cannock, Walsall, Wolverhampton, Wrexham, Bridgnorth, Stafford, Rugeley and Stoke on Trent.
If you are an experienced Team Leader, looking for a new exciting and varied opportunity, then please apply immediately.
This vacancy is being advertised on behalf of Swift who are operating as an employment business