Kirsty Elliott HR and Recruitment Limited are please to supporting the recruitment of a Registered Children's Home Managers for a Residential Home in Maidstone.
The Home is a new OFSTED registered independent Children's Home offering short, medium and long term care for up to 4 children between the ages of eight and eighteen inclusively.
The ethos is to provide a safe, stable and structured environment in which young people can settle and then grow emotionally and physically into mature young adults, attaining the confidence and independence needed to become positive members of the community. There is a strong emphasis upon establishing a secure base from which the child can experience a close relationship with their identified keyworker as a primary care provider. This is undertaken within a safe environment where a child can test authority and have appropriate boundaries and controls on their behaviour.
Description of Role: The post holder will be responsible for managing all aspects of running the Home, for medium to long term planned placements whilst ensuring young people are supported and prepared to move on to independent living. To ensure that high levels of emotional and physical care, appropriate activities, comfortable accommodation and the service of keyworkers are planned, provided and applied in accordance with home's Procedures and Strategies. To ensure that rotas are delivered on time to all staff using software provided.
Context of the Post: This post has been identified as being specific to the Statement of Purpose relating to the services provision of a medium to a long term placement home. The home will provide medium to long-term placements for young people where the plan indicates this to be the most suitable intervention. Therefore, emotional sustainability, sound partnership practice, verbal and written communication techniques, the ability to form lasting relationships, commitment to working issues through, to be tenacious in working in a planned way to achieve the best outcomes for the young person through establishing small achievable targets are required.
Duties and Responsibilities Specific to the Post:
To be responsible for the management, co-ordination and development of a range of quality services for young people referred and/or accommodated within the home.
• To promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, other staff within the care home, and other agencies, in order to meet the needs of young people.
• To ensure that staff understand and implement the companies Child Protection Procedures.
• To provide effective leadership by implementing organisational strategies, in order to enable objectives of the home to be achieved.
• To promote team development and effective team working.
• To maximise the effectiveness of staff through motivation, development and the application of personnel policies.
• To ensure that there is a Statement of Purpose in place, which is appropriate to the needs of young people and outlines qualifications, experience and expertise of the staff employed within the home.
• To set and review targets and objectives for the home's staff team in order to ensure that the day-to-day running of the home is focused and has clear direction.
• To provide operational management of the staff team and to deploy appropriate staff resources in order that key tasks are fulfilled.
• To ensure that sufficient back up resources are available in emergency/out of hours situations including participation in an out of hours 'On-Call' and waking nights rota.
• To have line management responsibilities for a staff team, ensuring that all staff receive appropriate induction, supervision and appraisal.
• To be responsible for ensuring a full flow of information into and out of the team and to develop effective communication strategies and systems which assist staff in the operation of their duties.
• To be responsible for the effective management and development of a range of quality direct services to young people. To ensure that the policies and procedures of are implemented.
• To actively participate in recruitment, grievance, disciplinary, health and safety and other staffing matters with support from the Director.
• To ensure that staff training and development needs are identified and ensuring that those needs are met. To assist in training staff as required.
• To ensure that all Health and Safety Regulations are complied with in accordance with policies, procedures and practices.
• To regularly inspect the condition of the structure, fabric, furnishings and fittings of the building to ensure that all necessary equipment, etc. is in good working order and of a reasonable and acceptable standard of repair.
• To ensure that effective finance, control, administration and records comply with expectations and procedures.
• To promote and implement the companies Equality and Diversity policies and procedures.
To undertake any other such duties as required by the Director/ Registered Manager.
Common Duties and Responsibilities
Quality Assurance To set, monitor and evaluate standards at individual, team performance and service quality so that the user and Company requirements are met and that the highest standards are maintained.
Communication To establish and manage the team communications systems ensuring that the Company procedures, policies, strategies and objectives are effectively communicated to all team members.
Professional Practice To ensure that professional practice in the team is carried out to the highest standards and developed in line with the Company stated objectives of continual improvement in quality of its service to internal and external customers.
Health and Safety To ensure that the Health and Safety policy, organisation arrangements and procedures as they related to areas, activities and personnel under your control are understood, implemented and monitored.
General Management To provide vision and leadership to staff within a specialist team, ensuring that effective systems are in place for workload allocation and management, the application of policies and procedures, including those relating to equality, supervision and appraisal and all aspects of their performance, personal development, health and welfare.
Supervision and Appraisal All members of staff will receive supervision and appraisal and it is the responsibility of each member of staff to follow procedure in respect of supervision and appraisal.
Salary Up to £40,000 DOE
Please note this role is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure and satisfactory references (one from current employer)
Kirsty Elliott HR and Recruitment Limited aim to get back to all successful applicants within 48 hours however if you have not received a response within this period then it may be that your application has been unsuccessful.
(For the purposes of recruiting for this vacancy Kirsty Elliott HR and Recruitment Limited is acting as a recruitment agency. Kirsty Elliott HR and Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all age groups)