Requirements Engineer / Principal Engineer - Avionics, Electronics Systems, RF, Electronic Warfare, Systems Engineering
Responsible to the Chief Engineer for the identification, evaluation and development of key technologies.
Your will be accountable for ensuring the key technologies meet requirements and conform to the required design governance process, safety, airworthiness and quality requirements.
This role focusses around requirements management and gathering for the electronic and avionic system upgrades.
This is aligned to a next generation contract supporting operational readiness and electronic warfare training from live aircraft platforms for UK MOD and NATO.
Essential criteria Requirements Engineer / Principal Engineer: -
* Electronic Systems Engineering background - avionic/ electronic systems
* Detailed knowledge of Requirements Management experience including utilisation of DOORS
* Aerospace and/or Defence experience
* Aircraft/Avionic Systems
* UK SC Clearable. Candidate must already hold UK SC clearance or be eligible to do so
* Autonomous and creative in their approach
* Extensive experience in integration and specifying Special Mission Aircraft Systems relating to either ISTAR, SAR, EW, SA, LVC roles would be highly desirable.
* Knowledge of EASA certification process
* Self-motivated, confident and assertive
* Degree qualified or equivalent in appropriate engineering discipline
* RF Systems Engineering background highly desirable
A current RF Engineer who has the systems engineering background highlighted above would also be considered. RF experience is desirable.
As a Principal Requirements Engineer your main responsibilities will involve:
* Contribute to proposing technology roadmaps and technical strategy.
* Contribute for Technology Team Cost Estimation.
* Writing of technical proposals in support of new bids, understanding, negotiating and presenting existing capability and new customer requirements
* Understanding and reviewing systems, software, hardware, test and integration documentation to confirm that the software, hardware and architecture design are compliant
* Carry out requirements engineering/management and engineering design methods as required
* Recognising the need for and proposing process and product improvements to ensure best practice and compliance with relevant standards (including safety
* Travel within the UK and overseas to support business needs as necessary (infrequent)
Keywords - Requirements Management, RF, Systems Engineering, Electronic Warfare, Roadmaps, DOORS, ISTAR, EW, EASA, Defence, Aerospace, Aircraft Systems, Electronic, Electronic Systems, Software, Hardware, Avionics, Requirements Engineering
Salary - Competitive plus benefits
Location - Bournemouth, Christchurch, Dorset