Cobham Aerospace Connectivity are looking for a Senior ITEA Engineer (NATO JEWCS - Verification Strategy) to support the ITEA (Integrated Test Evaluation and Acceptance) and V&V activities on the NATO JEWCS programme.
This role is based at our Christchurch site in Dorset (working from remotely) on an initial 6 month contract.
Cobham Aerospace Connectivity design and manufacture active and passive avionics antennas and electronic control systems for military and civil communications, navigation and search and rescue applications. We pioneered frequency agile VHF tuneable antennas and continue to be a key supplier to major avionics companies. Our GPS anti-jam technology utilises state of the art DSP algorithms with an active antenna to eliminate both narrow-band and wide-band jamming signals. We have world leading technology in Ground Penetrating Radar and RF interference mitigation. Both military and civil users rely on our direction finding systems for search and rescue operations.
As a Senior ITEA Engineer (NATO JEWCS - Verification Strategy) your main responsibilities will involve:
* Planning and delivery of activities for the V&V programme for the EW Pod system.
* Generation of high quality documentation in accordance with engineering processes (Standard Operating Framework-Engineering) and customer requirements (DO160G) for environmental qualification.
* Generation of detailed Functional and Environmental Test Procedures
* Generation of Acceptance Test Procedures
* Liaising with internal stakeholders and test houses in the planning and execution of Functional and Environmental test programmes.
* Generation of detailed Test Reports
* In depth knowledge of the application of DO160G.
* Planning and management of test support hardware needs in support of the qualification programme.
* Generation of reasoned arguments to sell off non-test requirements through qualification by analysis documentation (and providing guidance to projects).
* Assessment of opportunities to read across common equipment qualification to other projects.
* Support to Hardware/Software Integration programme.
* Supporting Suppliers in the delivery of their V&V programmes to Cobham.
As a Senior ITEA Engineer (NATO JEWCS - Verification Strategy) your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Educated to degree level or equivalent in an engineering or engineering related discipline.
* Good understanding of complex systems integration, validation, verification, qualification, acceptance programmes and trials.
* Hardware and Software testing experience
* Knowledge of the full system engineering lifecycle and the product development lifecycle.
* Industry experience within aerospace, electronic warfare or aviation with previous experience in the application of DO160G and AS9100D would be highly desirable.
* Awareness of Cost and Schedule planning.
If you are interested in applying for this Senior ITEA Engineer's position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business