Opportunity for a Senior Financial Accountant to join the team in this key role, supporting UK Research and Innovation's (UKRI) Financial Control to achieve its core objectives:
- Ensure delivery of UKRI's Financial Statements, and those of its component entities, ensuring that they meet Accounting Standards, HMT and other UK Government requirements
- Drive improvement to existing processes and align with harmonised UKRI financial policies and processes
- Facilitate operational delivery through providing financial support and operation of key financial controls.
The role will be focused on supporting Innovate UK which is part of UK Research and Innovation.
Innovate UK drives productivity and economic growth by supporting businesses to develop and realise the potential of new ideas, including those from the UK's world-class research base.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Lead the work of other Financial Control team members to deliver individual and team objectives and work on joint activities at pace, while optimising staff utilisation, and building and maintaining good working relationships
- Lead technical input into specialist areas, and proactively share knowledge encouraging other team members to do the same
- Provide the Financial Controller and Financial Control Managers with effective support and deputise for them as and when required
- Lead the preparation of input into UKRI Financial Statements for Innovate UK, including notes and related disclosures for the annual report and accounts, ensuring these are in line with Accounting Standards (IFRS), HM Treasury's FReM, and other Government requirements
- Ensure the completeness of reporting information and supporting audit evidence for financial audits to quality standards and within tight deadlines
- Lead on the preparation of sections of Whole of Government Accounts (WGA) returns, associated supporting information and audit evidence, including counter-party analysis
- Lead work to ensure the integrity of ledgers and sub-ledgers, and quality assurance of financial information in our ERP systems including regular month-end processes including payroll posting processes and reconciliations
- Key financial control representative for financial systems development and improvements at work groups and supporting the testing of financial system changes.
Please visit the Top Career page (link below) for full list of responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you will be a qualified accountant (CCAB, CIMA or equivalent) or will have qualified by experience.
You will have an understanding of and ability to apply International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Problem solving capabilities and organisational skills are also essential.
Experience of using an existing UKRI ERP accounting package (Oracle or Workday currently preferable) or an understanding of Government requirements and guidance relevant to the role FReM would be advantageous but is not essential.Benefits
Choosing to come to work at UKRI means that you will have access to a whole host of benefits including a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance, access to employee shopping/travel discounts and salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.