saha is a nationwide charity and a leading provider of residential centres, foyers, supported accommodation and move-on housing for single and homeless people across the UK.
We are on a transformation journey, striving to assist our residents and our staff alike, to help them in Transforming Lives. Our hard work has been rewarded as saha has been awarded a spot in the Times Best Companies Top 100 Not-For-Profit Organisation to Work For 2020.
Deputy Manager Responsibilities:
We're looking for you if you're someone who is looking for a meaningful job that makes a difference in the community, whilst being provided with flexibility and real potential for growth.
The role involves working with service users to ensure that they receive a comprehensive supported housing service delivered to the highest possible standard. You will work in close co-operation with the Project Manager as a member of the team, ensuring that the project achieves relevant development plan targets & provide management reports, including housing management reports, reports for supporting people and make funding applications for the Project Manager and the Operations Manager as required.
You will assist in developing and reviewing practices and procedures of the Project via consultation with service users and staff, ensuring that these are consistent with the Continuous Improvement Strategy & assist in developing and maintaining good working professional relationships with all key stakeholders in the statutory, voluntary and private sector and local authorities and ensure that the project is publicised to all relevant agencies, local employers and the local community.
Deputy Manager Requirements:
• You put the people we support at the heart of the work you do
• Ability to lead and supervise a team, plan tasks, set goals and motivate others
• An effective communicator using both verbal and written methods with the skills to engage inspire and enhance learning
• Skilled in planning, organisation and ability to manage competing tasks
• Skilled in managing challenging situations in a calm and methodical manner
• An understanding of basic mental health and challenges faced by those living with mental health
• Knowledge and experience of reducing rent arrears and managing voids
• Understanding the challenges facing vulnerable people and the difficulties that these can present in a supported housing environment.
• Housing management experience in a general needs or supported setting.
• Excellent understanding of welfare benefits, sanctions, universal credit, arrears management, anti-social behaviour, allocations and voids management.
• Excellent understanding of people struggling with Mental Health issues
• Experience of conducting needs assessments of clients in housing need.
• Good understanding of health and safety and risk assessments within a residential setting.
• Experience of working unsociable hours.
About Salvation Army Housing Association:
The Salvation Army Housing Association (saha) is an organisation that provides a range of housing and varied support services to vulnerable people. Our aim is to support people in achieving their full potential. We are currently going through a large period of growth and have a vacancy for Assistant Project Worker.
Location: Middlesbrough, TS4 2NS
Job type 40 hours per week on a rota and on calls
Salary: £24,276 per annum
CLOSING DATE: 21 October 2020 . We will be reviewing applications throughout and reserve the right to close the advertisement early if the right candidate is found.
INTERVIEW DATE: TBC
Here at saha, we are an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and we are committed to creating inclusive environment for all current and future team members, working together to continue to help Transforming Lives.
You may have experience of the following: Deputy Manager, Care Home Manager, Residential Manager, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP, Care Assistant, etc