Mercury Talent are delighted to be recruiting for a IT Helpdesk support engineer covering 1st and 2nd line support for our client a IT/Software and Hardware provider to the education ICT and legal sectors. Based in Fareham
The role will involve remote Helpdesk support services as well as assisting with project installations. The company is a fun place to work with the opportunity to progress your career into an onsite engineer role for the right people.
The company is extremely established and is in a period of growth The office is very spacious and they are currently working on a rota of 1 week in the office and 1 week working from home, they have on site parking and are COVID safe. They are looking for ambitious and driven individuals.
All successful candidates will be Enhanced DBS checked. Intailly interview will be set up on Zoom.
The role of 1st line/2nd line Helpdesk support
Supporting a broad range of clients with technical enquiries regarding Network, Server, Software and Hardware Helpdesk support in the Legal and Education ICT Market
With you excellent all round IT technical Knowledge you with take a service based approach to the Helpdesk and will work to a ticketing system as well as delight your customers with your ability to problem solve in a timely manner working to tight SLA.
About you 2nd Line 3rd Line support
* You with a have fun and engaging personality
* You will have demonstrable experience in working in a busy Helpdesk environment
* Strong commitment to customer service
* Be able to communicate technical issues to non technical customers and solve their issues
Your Technical Knowledge and skills
* Excellent all-round IT-technical knowledge and Help Desk experience
* Microsoft Desktop and Server Operating systems including Windows (phone number removed) Server 2008/2012/2016 and Hyper V
* Supporting other Microsoft Applications including Exchange, SQL, Ms Office
* Understanding Network services such as Active directory, Group Policy, Routing
* Be able to fault diagnose and where possible resolve, faults to PC, Server,Laptop and Tablet Hardware.
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
* Strong documentation and communication skills
* Basic knowledge of Server admin is essential
Experience of working within Helpdesk within the education sector
If you are currently working with a Helpdesk engineer role at either 1st/2nd line support preferably within the education sector and you are looking to move to a stable and growing company with the opportunity for career progression please do not hesitate to contact Mercury Talent today?
Education, Helpdesk Support, Technical IT Support, Network, Server, Microsoft, Hyper V , Virtualisation, 1st Line Helpdesk support, 2nd Line helpdesk support. ICT, Fareham