It's a funny thing, knowing you're the best. Because the best isn't just about being a brilliant manager (and ideally auto technician) who's also amazing with customers and able to motivate people. Being the best is also about having the humility not to think of yourself in such a way. Even though you know deep down inside that everyone respects and looks up to you and just thinks you're fantastic to work for. Well, guess what: in this instance, you need to just accept the fact. Because that's what's going to get you this great role with the UK's biggest and best.
Talk about busy. Our centres are so popular that we're dealing with dozens of different things on any given day. Service, repairs, MOTs, fast-fit, stock control and audits are just some of them. And you'll be the one at the head of it all, making sure your team delivers to the very highest standards every single time.
It's not just about getting the job done. It's about keeping the team upbeat and happy and making sure that attitude rubs off on our customers. Brilliant at getting the job done, keeping our customers safe on the road and giving them piece of mind, every single time. Now there's a challenge to get excited about.
Our customers come back time and time again because they trust our teams. To be at the helm of one of those teams, you'll need:
* Proven managerial ability, ideally in the automotive industry, but you could even come from a retail management background
* The determination to understand the role of every single person in your team, if you don't already have great auto care knowledge, and keep growing
* A coaching based approach to team development, so you can see people's potential and limitations as you motivate them to achieve
* The ability to instil a real customer focus in your team so that the service they offer is truly end-to-end
* To be someone who leads from the front in terms of core values, principles and high standards - and lets others enthusiastically know when they've met those standards
Heard the one about hard work being its own reward? That's true here. Our centres aren't just places to work, they're places where people pull together and get the best from each other. And they're places where life-long friendships are made. We've got state of the art training academies, online learning and all the support you need to reach your full potential.
What's more, being the UK leader tyres and auto care means you'll be part of the team that is shaping the future. We've been working in partnership with the Government to tweak innovations like digital MOTs and other to-be-revealed initiatives. Plus, we're constantly developing new resources, from state-of-the-art equipment, to help with the most modern of vehicles, like hybrids, to creating a market leading website and having partnerships with some of the best premium tyre and part brands on the planet.
That's what we mean by 'you can't get better