SEMH Teaching Assistant - Barnet, North London - ASAP Start
I am currently working alongside schools in Barnet, North London, the students who attend these schools have SEMH/EBD. All of the schools have a lovely team of staff who are very supportive of both staff and students. They are looking to expand their team and are looking for confident, innovative and an individual with strong behaviour management. Team Teach/Restraint training is desirable but not essential.This role includes:
The successful candidate must be:
- Working alongside children who may be experiencing difficulties in learning due to social, emotional, or mental health concerns.
- Enabling all pupils to overcome difficulties to achieve their full potential alongside an amazing team.
- Working with parents/carers
- Enabling additional ways to support the students
- Working as a member of the Schools strong Safeguarding team to ensure the welfare of our children remains paramount.
- Strong behaviour management, confident and innovative
- Be available Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 3:30pm
- Can commit to the full academic year
- Previous experience working within a SEN school or mainstream school supporting SEN students
- Be able to travel to Barnet, North London
- Team Teach/Restraint trained (desirable not essential)
- Daily rate: £70 - £80 (dependent on experience)
This is a rewarding opportunity to work alongside experienced staff to help children manage their social, emotional and mental health problems.
We are looking for candidates who have proven skills and abilities of working with vulnerable children within a school/educational setting. We would also welcome candidates who can demonstrate the skills required in supporting parents and dealing with safeguarding issues.If you feel like this is the right role for you, then please apply by following the application process and submitting your CV.