Specialist Learning Assistant
Full or Part time - flexible
September start - ongoing
DBS on the update service or Maze8 DBS essential
Hourly rate £15.75 umbrella, £12 PAYE
As a Specialist Learning Assistant, your role would be to support and mentor learners with social, emotional and mental health needs, a disability, learning difficulty or medical condition; and or with ESOL, English and Maths support needs to enable them successfully complete their qualifications, course and where appropriate, education, health and care plan (EHCP) outcomes.
* Providing each learner with the personalised support needed to carry out their learning effectively.
* Implementing and delivering support as directed by lead professionals, lecturers and other relevant professionals.
* Implementing agreed individual programmes of support for learners to enable them to achieve qualification aims, develop independence, enhance progression opportunities and progress towards EHCP outcomes.
* Safeguard learners and promote their well-being in all aspects of their learning.
Main Purposes and Responsibilities
* To provide outstanding support to all learners with social, emotional and mental health needs, a disability, learning difficulty or medical condition; and or ESOL, English and Maths support needs, to access their planned learning opportunities.
* To act as a learning mentor to support learners' academic success, health and wellbeing and preparation for adulthood as appropriate.
* To undertake examination support activities.
* To work with learners considered to be 'at risk' including those with communication and social interaction difficulties to develop resilience, confidence and independence.
* To work in partnership with academic staff and be proactive in keeping tutors informed of learners' progress by keeping high quality support records to audit standards and deadlines using college recording systems such as Promonitor.
* To contribute to the development and review of learners' individual agreed support plans and risk assessments and ensure they are followed in all aspects of college life.
* To support learners to develop confidence and independence in their educational, social and work-related learning through the use of teaching and learning strategies as directed by Lead Professionals, lecturers and other relevant professionals.
* To support learners to record and report on their own progress in relation to their targets and EHCP outcomes, as well as completing records to evidence progress as required.
* To write and review short-term smart targets and contribute to frequent reviews of learner's progress with regard to their education, social development and independence including at annual EHCP reviews.
* To set-up and maintain learner's assistive technology and support them to use it as required.
* To check and confirm own weekly timetable ensuring that contractual hours are met and recorded