Job Title: General Manager
Alternative Titles : Operations Manager, Operations Director, Plant Manager, Factory Manager, Site Manager
Sector : Fabrication
Location: Middlesbrough, North East
Salary : very negotiable but likely to be £45,000-£60,000
About the role :
Taking responsibility for a small manufacturing team supplying niche products in the fabrication and fencing sector
About You :
• Experience of managing P&L
• A broad range of technical and industry knowledge, able to develop strategic plans that can be translated into business objectives.
• Identify opportunities to develop fabricated products
• Development and review of the business plan.
• Product development according to market segment demands
• Identify and present business cases for new product / service offerings.
• A thorough and in-depth understanding of modern manufacturing methods with a passion for continuous improvement.
• Continuous improvement
Building high performing individuals and teams
Leading by example to drive operational excellence.• Excellent Quality, Cost, Health and Safety and Delivery Standards
• You will build a world class manufacturing facility
• Significant interaction required with the production team ensuring world-class processes are implemented and followed.
• Promotion of continuous improvement culture throughout all teams and supporting business activities.
• Define and develop the working relationships with all teams to ensure clear lines of communication and ownership of specific tasks are undertaken and implemented.
• Co-ordinate reviews with the management team covering forecast, orders, competitor analysis, development pipeline and general activity.
• Generate & present monthly reports to the management team providing information on current status and future expectations of business activity.
• Ensure implementation of an accurate monthly status reporting process which can be issued in a controlled manner to stakeholders.
• Ensure communication processes (KPIs / metrics) are implemented that are consistent across all functions.
• Develop strategic plans to develop business within key and target accounts.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Proven experience in Operational Management and Sales Management Role with the ability to influence and make a positive impact.
• A high level of technical understanding / competence of the fabrication sector
• Cross functional experience.
KEY COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
• Remains focussed on results with ability to influence internally as well as externally
• Self-confident, Professionally persistent
• Technically competent with MS Teams / Zoom and other technology
• Ability to handle objections and close deals
• Commercially astute with in-depth market knowledge of our market, products and segments
• Motivational with the ability to lead by example
• Natural relationship builder and strong communicator
• Ability to prioritise & manage multiple projects
• Structured, Professional and Calm under pressure