DCC Management Services Limited
Proactively forecast and order stock to the requirements of the business. Maintain the financial integrity of the stock profile. Build relationships with key vendors to ensure growth. Operate within the parameters of the business in relation to stock / aged targets and key purchasing metrics.
As a buyer you will:
* Be responsible for all stock replenishment on run rate product.
* Forecasting stock as required
* Support and interrogate all customer forecasts
* Negotiate, maintain and improve all terms and pricing with supplier
* Take ownership of vendor issues and look for process and efficiency improvements
* Raise, get approved and send purchase orders to suppliers, whilst adhering to all relevant procedures
* Resolve queries or discrepancies on supplier invoices
* Ensure all price protections and claims are communicated to the vendor bid team.
* Plan and report end of month forecast stock holding on a weekly basis
* Complete aged stock reporting and attend weekly meetings
* Maintain supplier relationships, organise and attend regular meetings and QBR's
* Demonstrate a strong awareness of and commitment to Ethics and Compliance and the Group Business Conduct Guidelines.
* GP Performance
* Aged stock
* Stock holding
* Stock turns
* Add back
* All internal departments
* Nominated business partners/suppliers
Person Specification (skills, knowledge and experience required)
* Buyer experience preferred
* Excellent Communication skills
* Negotiation Skills
* Commercial Awareness
* Product Knowledge
* Planning & Organisation
* Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
* Confidence & Determination
* Performance maximisation
* Good administrative skills.
* Highly numerate / literate
* IT Skills consisting of Microsoft Word, Excel
* General Secondary Education