Do you feel like Ofsted regulations in mainstream education limit your ability to inspire the younger generation?
Can you see past a classroom being four walls and take learning into your own hands?
Would you like the freedom to prepare your own lessons that will provide the best learning opportunities for the children and not just to meet the curriculum?
I am currently seeking an English teacher who is interested in working with Looked after children and wants a role with more flexibility. The children we support are between the ages of 9 - 16 and therefore will cover the Primary and Secondary curriculum however may have ability levels of a significantly younger child. Experience in either Primary or secondary is suitable as we have teachers who will work alongside you to ensure all key stages are delivered.
My clients values individuals who are creative and inspirational with how they teach English to young people. Although no experience supporting looked after children required, You must be of a resilient nature and be able to support children who's lives are at a point of crisis.
The role will be a Monday - Friday position working school hours.
Benefits of working with the client:
- An ofsted rated service who provide educational and residential support for Young people.
- Working in a hands on active role, for a company that genuinely value therapeutic support
- Able to work across different settings
- Opportunity to progress and grow within the organisation
Job responsibilities will include:
- Teaching Looked after children English.
- Interacting with Children from all walks of life and being able to build a rapport with them
- Differentiating lessons and lesson planning
- Working towards to the curriculum
- Understanding and knowledge of safeguarding processes
- De-escalating challenging behaviour
- Working in a team
- Must hold a teaching qualification and specialise in English
• Experience with EBD or looked after children would be desirable
If this sounds like a role you would be interested in, Please contact Megan Rivers at First Base or apply today
Any successful candidates will be subject to the compliance process that also includes the enhanced DBS check