SEND Teacher - Autism - Sensory experience - Harrogate area
Our school is currently in need of a special needs teacher with a minimum of 1 year special needs teaching experience to work with a range of students. If successful, you will be required to teach students with varying levels and special needs that include; complex needs, hearing and visual impairments, autism, cerebral palsy and downs' syndrome. As this is a specialist setting, students' curriculum is delivered at a lower level than a mainstream setting, therefore being able to differentiate and understand P-Levels.
If successful, the main duties would include:
• Adapting and modifying lessons that engages students and enables positive learning
• Differentiating the work to meet the individual needs of the students
• Assessing and reporting on individual students progress.
• Liaising with parents, carers and professionals such as mainstream teachers, education welfare officers, social workers and health care professionals.
Successful candidates will need the following skills and qualifications:
• MUST have a QTS or a UK recognised teaching qualification
• MUST have at least 1-years SEND Teaching Experience
Protocol Education offers all Teachers:
• Excellent rates of pay
• Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
• A wide variety of different positions, both day to day and long term
• Continued support through all placements with a dedicated consultant.
• Free CPD courses
If you have the required experience and feel this role is for you, please send your CV to Peter - (url removed). Alternative if you want to know more please call me on (phone number removed)
Please note, successful Applicants will be subject to references and a DBS on the update service or be willing to apply for a Protocol DBS.
Protocol Education is a leading supply teaching agency. We find jobs for teachers and teaching assistants in schools throughout England.
Our aim is to provide schools with the supply teachers, teaching assistants, support and SEN staff they need to be successful. At the same time, helping teachers, teaching assistants and nursery staff to find rewarding and career-enhancing jobs