We are Uniper: an international energy company with about 11,000 employees.
We combine a balanced portfolio of technologically advanced large-scale assets with outstanding technical and commercial expertise.
These assets and capabilities enable us to deliver flexible, bespoke, competitively priced energy products and services with agility, precision and speed.
We are Uniper and we are building. Our energy asset projects are everywhere and we are developing our project execution capabilities. There are five new project positions...and this is just the start! We are seeking a General Project Manager to deliver energy projects on the ground, taking them from financial close to commercial operation. You will lead groups of world-class engineers to build transformative, innovative and exciting energy projects to the highest standards. The role is high-profile and empowered to do what is necessary to realise our projects. Would you like to join us?
The role holder will need to be flexible, adaptable, confident in their knowledge and in leading multi-disciplinary teams. You will:
• be responsible for the safe execution of energy Asset Projects, taking them from financial close to handover for commercial operation.
• be highly visible, as the face the project, both internally within Uniper and externally, leading decisively for the benefit of the project.
• understand the importance of good commercial management throughout the project lifecycle.
• take ownership of stakeholder management and communications.
• manage Asset Project delivery teams, ranging from multiple small teams (e.g. • develop Work Breakdown Structures to identify project resource requirements and support cost estimation.
• apply HSSE standards, compliance rules and project management processes on Asset Projects, including Construction Design Management (CDM) requirements.
• work across functions, successfully integrating all of the expertise needed to safely deliver an Asset Project, including engineering, compliance, operations, procurement, risk, legal and HR.
• provide regular status and progress reports to key project stakeholders, such as the Project Steering Committee, Uniper senior management and external clients.
• Academic qualification in science or engineering, with chartership or equivalent experience.
• Significant experience as a project manager on energy Asset Projects, leading multidisciplinary and international teams to safely deliver to time, quality and budget.
• Knowledge and awareness of thermal power plant (gas, waste, CHP), renewable and other energy technologies, such as hydrogen production and district heating.
• Strong leadership and communication skills.
• Assertive and able to make clear sound decisions under pressure, in the face of uncertainty.
• Entrepreneurial thinking: quickly identifies and realises efficiency improvements during project delivery.
• Experienced negotiator and manager of Suppliers and Contractors.
• Understands the importance of process, with demonstrable experience in the successful use of project management standards during all phases of an Asset Project.
• Experienced CDM practitioner, in the role of Principal Contractor, and awareness of environmental and security considerations.
• Willingness to travel and work away from home.
• Application of learning for continuous improvement, both within and between projects.
• Diversity Management: embraces challenge and opportunities to enhance outcomes by evaluating situations from different perspectives, leverages cultural differences.
• Fluent in English.
• Project management qualification.
• Safety qualification.
• International energy projects experience.
• Operational experience
• Second language.
What we offer:
At Uniper we value a sustainable balance for the work done by our employees. Therefore, we offer extensive individual compensation packages consisting of a basic salary, a company pension and performance bonuses. At the same time we have flexible working hours including overtime compensation and working from home. Furthermore we are constantly updating many other benefits such as insurance policies, a discounted supply of energy, extra holiday and individual training opportunities.