Shop Manager - School (Full Time)
Founded in 1604, Blundell's is a co-educational independent school for pupils aged 11 - 18 years. Boasting excellent facilities and the best in pastoral care, we are committed to providing an outstanding learning experience for all students.
Our school shop sells uniforms and sports clothing, confectionery, stationery and toiletries to parents, pupils and the wider school community.
We are currently looking for a Shop Manager to join us and ensure the smooth running of the school shop.
- Salary of £19,000 per annum
- Pension scheme
- Free parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Use of excellent sports facilities
If you are a retail professional with excellent leadership skills, this is a brilliant opportunity to ensure the success of a key function within our organisation.
The school shop is an exceptionally important point of contact for all parents - particularly new parents whose experience with the shop is often their first main interaction with the school.
You will play an important role in maintaining the reputation of our organisation by delivering a high-quality service where all needs are catered for.
As the Shop Manager, you will help the Commercial Manager to deliver a high-quality school shop and reception facility.
In this key role, you will sell new and used uniforms and accessories via our online shop, as well as directly to pupils, parents and staff at both our Senior School and Prep School.
Some of your duties will include:
- Overseeing and co-ordinating staff
- Providing a respectful and courteous reception service to pupils, visitors, guests and staff
- Advising parents on school dress regulations and assisting them with purchases
- Maximising space and sales through professional merchandising
- Liaising with our online school uniform shop provider
To join us as a Shop Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working in the retail industry in a management or supervisory role
- Staff supervision and/or management experience
- Experience of developing and implementing sales strategies
- A track record of meeting or exceeding targets
- Financial management knowledge and experience
- Great administrative and organisational skills
- The ability to lead others and work on your own initiative
Previous experience of working in an education environment or experience in school retailing would be highly beneficial to your application, but not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Retail Manager, School Shop Manager, Retail Supervisor, Shop Supervisor, Retail Team Leader, Shop Team Leader, or School Retail Manager.
This is a full-time position, working 9am - 5pm, Monday - Friday, with a 1 hour unpaid lunch between 12pm - 1pm daily.
Webrecruit and Blundell's are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking your next step as our Shop Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency