JOB TITLE: Nursery Deputy Manager
LOCATION: South East London / Central London - Kennington (SE17)
TYPE OF ROLE: Full Time Permanent Role
HOURS OF WORK: 40 HOURS Per Week. Shifts are 7:30am to 4:30pm. 8am to 5pm & 9am to 6pm (1 month do early, 1 month do middle and 1 month do late shifts)
SALARY: £23,000 to £26,000 (depending on candidates experience and qualification)
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Registered in March 2013. The nursery operates from a Church Hall in Kennington, London. Open Monday to Friday for 51 weeks of the year from 7:30am to 6:30pm.
Registered to cater for a maximum of 36 children from birth to eight years.
The setting operates across two rooms & there is a spacious outdoor area which is accessible to all children throughout the day. this nursery offers a breakfast & afterschool club
THE ROLE & BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
* Working as part of the management team providing professional leadership and management.
* Overseeing all rooms and effectively managing the staff team.
* Ensuring all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
* Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements and maintaining positive working relationships with staff, parents and carers.
* Ensuring staff are supported in their roles through the deputy's capable leadership and doing regular peer on peers, supervisions and appraisals.
* Overall management responsibility for the Day Nursery in the absence of the Manager.
* Assist the Manager in setting and implementing objectives for policies for the Nursery within the framework of the management committee.
* In conjunction with the Manager, to formulate, operate and evaluate a yearly programme of activities, following the guidelines of the National Curriculum, that is suitable to the age range of children.
* Identify the physical, emotional, intellectual, and developmental needs of children with special needs and offer support and relevant developmental opportunities.
* Liase with and support parents/carers and other family members.
* Liase with the Local authority and other professionals associated with the Nursery.
* Assist and work alongside the nursery's Manager and undertake any responsibilities delegated by the Manager.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
* Hold a level 3 or above in childcare
* Have at least 2 years' experience current work experience as a nursery deputy manager
* Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning opportunities
* Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents.
* Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
* Excellent organizational skills & administrative and basic IT skills
* Calm and caring nature & ability to work as part of a team
* Deal with conflict in an appropriate manner
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Be qualified in level 3 or above in childcare
Apply Now with an up to date CV