Up to £45k depending upon experience
My client are a trusted and recognised key provider of precision components and engineering solutions to the aerospace and defence, oil and gas and nuclear sectors. They have 40 years' experience working to the highest industry standards, controls and compliance.
The company still operates with family values at heart. It has a positive, approachable and welcoming culture. The company have recently made significant changes through Lean manufacturing improvements, including external training, new lay out and purchasing capital machinery.
My client is looking for an Operations Manager to manage and oversee the production process, co-ordinating all production activities within the function including resource management in strict adherence to the production plan whilst applying continuous improvement strategies.
The Operations Manager will be responsible for:
* Ensuring the efficient and smooth running of the Production function, including personnel
* Ensuring adherence to the production plan
* Applying continuous improvement techniques and adherence to Quality systems
* Ensuring 5S and LEAN manufacturing methods are developed and maintained
* Liaising closely with the Planning, Engineering, Supply Chain and Project Management to ensure OTIF is met
* Liaising with Customer Services to manage customer expectation
* Maintaining discipline and motivation in the teams
* Ensuring a robust and effective NPI production process is maintained
* Optimising shift performance
The ideal Operations Manager will have:
* Detailed knowledge of the production processes and capabilities of machinery and personnel
* Highly developed management skills
* Proven project and people management experience
* Qualification in a mechanical engineering discipline
* Experience of CNC Machining strategies
This position would suit an Operations Manager from an engineering production environment who enjoys applying continous improvement strategies to the role.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience and meet the criteria above please apply below