Personal Tax Assistant Manager
As a Personal Tax Assistant Manager you will report directly to the partners of the firm and will be responsible for managing a diverse portfolio of clients including HNWIs, company directors and sole traders. You will be required to work alongside the other members of the tax team who have several years of experience working in the firm.
You will be responsible for ensuring that compliance work is completed accurately and efficiently through the preparation and review of personal tax computations and returns.
You will also gain exposure to advisory and tax planning work and will work alongside the partners on consultancy projects. The tax partner currently conducts the vast majority of meetings and consultancy projects relevant to the tax department and has previously worked in a top 4 firm. There is the opportunity for an individual to progress quickly at a technical level and gain a portfolio of clients to manage if this the candidate's ambition.
The ideal candidate will be ATT qualified or may be CTA Part or Fully Qualified and will have the required level of experience in Personal Tax work.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the successful individual to join an established firm and progress to a Manager/Senior Manager role in due course.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Managing a portfolio of clients, acting as the main point of contact
* Preparing and reviewing self-assessments tax returns for individuals, partnerships and trusts and estates.
* Providing guidance, training and support to junior staff
* Liaising with HMRC and other third parties to ensure the smooth handling of our clients' tax affairs.
* Handling client correspondence in a timely manner and having responsibility for managing deadlines in relation to compliance, enquiries and HMRC disclosures.
* Providing ad hoc consultancy advice on a whole range of tax matters.
* ATT Qualified / CTA Part or Fully Qualified / Qualified by experience
Strong Personal Tax experience within a practice environment is essential
* Experience in handling Inheritance Tax and Trust matters or a desire to learn in this area
* Experience with UK tax residence and domicile, including tax and wealth planning in this area