We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At DEBRA we are currently looking for an Area Manager to join our team covering the South Central Area. This is a field based role.
As one of DEBRA's Shop Area Managers, you'll manage a network of shops, leading a sizeable team of employees and volunteers, and every day will bring fresh challenges.
Leading by example, you'll motivate your team to strive to be the best in charity retail, you'll be decisive, make bold decisions, and if you're the right fit, you'll thrive on the constant demands of the job.
The right fit for us starts with someone who can enthuse about their experience in charity retail, who can tell us how they've overcome obstacles at work to achieve their targets, who can demonstrate they've motivated staff, and above all else, oozes positivity.
For you, we offer a career in an organisation that is positively thriving despite the pandemic, we'll provide comprehensive training and you'll be part of a dynamic and ambitious team.
The salary is competitive and benefits include generous pension and life assurance schemes and above average holiday entitlement.
About the Area Manager role
You will assist the Regional Manager in ensuring that the retail outlets operate legally, effectively and efficiently.
Key Responsibilities of our Area Manager will include:
- To ensure full compliance with all health and safety legislation, trading standards, and all other legal and statutory requirements.
- To ensure that shops operate to their full potential and that shop managers are equipped and able to meet specified sales targets.
- To manage shop staff and volunteers, providing support and leadership.
What we're looking for in our Area Manager:
- Commercial Focus
- Achievement Oriented
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Full, Clean Driving License - Own Car
- Expertise in the charity retail sector
- Basic computer skills
DEBRA is the national charity that supports individuals and families affected by Epidermolysis Bullosa (EB) - a painful genetic skin blistering condition which, in the worst cases, can be fatal.
We have a vision of a world where no one suffers from the painful genetic skin condition EB.
Until that day, DEBRA focuses its work in two areas:
- We fund pioneering research to find effective treatments and, ultimately, a cure for EB.
- We provide care and support to individuals and families living with EB.
We couldn't do any of this without raising substantial funds, which is why you will be so integral to our success.
If you are enthusiastic about the contribution you could make and would like to join our team as our new Area Manager please click 'apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you