Prestige Recruitment Specialists are currently representing our prestigious client in the Brecklands area to recruit for the role of Unit Manager. Our clients are passionate about breeding and nurturing the best pigs in the country.
* You will be actively involved with all areas of the pig breeding unit in order to meet the business requirements for the company.
* Responsible for managing the staff on the unit and ensuring the condition of the livestock is maintained at a high standard.
* The unit must be kept clean and tidy at all times whilst maintaining the Health, Safety and welfare of yourself and your team.
* Managing the performance of the unit and liaising with managers to report targets and maintain commercial focus while providing direction to the team.
* The day to day duties of this role include, but are not limited to feeding, moving and handling the pigs as well as stock counts and regular communication with the office and senior Managers.
* You must be flexible, lead by example in all that you do and support other colleagues/teams and management.
* You must be reliable and demonstrate good time keeping
* Animal Welfare must be prioritised at all times, ensuring that the company codes of Practice and policies are adhered to.
* Previous practical experience with livestock is required and previous managerial experience is desirable.
This role is a shift pattern Monday to Friday with alternative weekend work that equates to a total of 45 hours per week.
The company offers a great work life balance and several benefits that can only improve the already competitve salary.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Ltd are acting as an employment agency working on behalf of the client.
Your application will be given consideration and a shortlist of applicants will be submitted to our Client. If you have not heard within 7 days, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Prestige Recruitment Specialists Limited is an award winning independent recruitment agency that has been firmly established for over 20 years within Yorkshire and Lincolnshire