Responsible for: Active sales performance to maximise selling opportunities. Assisting Store manager with day to day management of store.
Whether its career progression or just stability that you are looking for, the company offers both as well as a competitive salary. The company is one of the few retailers currently expanding and have plans to open more stores both this year and next.
Quite simply they are the UK's market leader and specialize in the provision of workshop power tools and DIY equipment to both the general public and trade customers. They operate over 65 stores nationally and have over 30 years business experience, they are at the absolute forefront of their sector and are supporting their recent success with continued growth.
• Active sales performance to achieve turnover targets
• Promote good customer service practices
• Contribute to control of shrinkage
• Stand in as Duty Manager in Store Managers absence
• Complete allocated duties to agreed standards / deadlines
• Maintain administration standards
• Maintain housekeeping standards
• Designated keyholder
• Promote and maintain safe working practices
• To report to senior personnel any breach of security or any act of dishonesty by a member of the public, visitor to the store or member of staff
• Any other duties as required from time to time
• Initiate and implement effective sales ideas with Store Manager
• Support and train less experienced staff members with Store Manager
• Contribute to store development as agreed by Store and Area Managers
• Maintain effective visual merchandising for product range
Limits to Authority
• Comply with operational practice as determined by Store Manager and Area Manager
• Comply with store development plan as agreed with Store Manager
• Comply with H&S regulations (duty of care) and trading standards