Are you looking for a new and exciting challenge, with a forward thinking organisation within the high tech engineering sector? The Hyde Group are established industry experts and have a vacancy for an experienced CNC Miller/CNC programmer to work as an Applications Engineer at our site based in Dukinfield.
We have successfully supplied to the Aerospace/scientific industry for over 40 years. We are currently on track to achieve our strong growth plans and we pride ourselves on delivering right first time solutions and going the extra mile to delight our customers
About the opportunity
This is a great opportunity to join a reputable business with a strong set of core values in a friendly supportive environment. We have a strong focus on developing our people with the potential to further your career. Our salaries are competitive and we have purpose built sites that offer free car parking.
As an Applications Engineer, your role will be predominantly split between setting/operating a CNC machine, programming and solving engineering problems.
You will be an experienced machinist, having worked on a variety of different machines with different control panels and be used to working with tight tolerances. You will also have the ability to carry out both online and offline programming.
You'll also be able to read and interpret drawings for a variety of customers and materials, ideally within the scientific industry.
Naturally you will be a time served apprentice with a recognized qualification such as BTEC/City and Guilds.
* Programming knowledge of both Alphacam & Part Modeler (offline)
* Online Programming on Fanuc based Controls (experience on Matsuura Machines would be beneficial)
* CNC machining and a strong understanding of machining principles (Experience of working to tight tolerances would be beneficial)
* Ability to solve engineering problems and deal with bottle necks in production
* Understanding of New Product Introduction processes
* Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings (experience of working with drawings form the scientific industry would be beneficial)
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you, then we would love to hear from you