Join Seetec as Bid Manager to head up a team of Bid Writers delivering high quality bids on time and within budget. Working with our Head of Bid Management, you will define win-themes for each bidding opportunity and ensure our bid writers have a full understanding of the both the themes and solution.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of success in competitive tender/bid writing leading to securing strategic, high value government funded or commercial contracts and possess strong project management skills as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will be experienced in complex operational delivery models and different commercial/funding models.
* Lead on researching, writing, preparing and submitting high quality bids and proposals in line with the growth strategy. The role involves both bid management and bid writing duties
* Manage the progression of the bid through the bid governance process
* Facilitate bid-related meetings
* Work with the Strategic Partnerships team to ensure any partnerships/joint ventures optimise success
* Contribute to the development of new delivery ideas, concepts and service delivery models
* Work with the Head of Bid Management to ensure the bid has clearly defined win themes that can be articulated throughout the bid narrative
* Work with the Bid Writer(s) to ensure they have a good understanding of the solution and are able to effectively articulate the win-themes
* Undertake assessments of business growth opportunities
Skills and Experience
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent by experience)
* Excellent project management skills, a qualification in project management is desirable.
* At least 2 years' experience working in bid management
* Awareness of the national and political context in which Employability, Skills and Justice operates and current and future challenges and opportunities
* Experience of facilitating solution design processes
* Experience of working with multiple commissioners and an ability to accurately interpret commissioner specifications, simplifying and communicating these more widely within the business.
* Good financial and commercial awareness with an ability to gather and present information to support commercial decisions.
* Experience of assessing bid opportunities and making recommendations based on organisational strategy, track record, winnability and risk.
* Understanding of how to build and monitor a bid budget to ensure that bid submissions provide sufficient return on investment.
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 pa (dependent on experience)
Location: Flexible Location/Travel to Essex
Hours: 37 Hours a week. Monday to Thursday 08.30 am to 5pm, Friday 08.30 am to 4.30pm
Closing Date: 23 October 2020
Due to Covid 19 Interviews will be undertaken via Skype.
Benefits: 25 days annual leave + bank holidays, Pension, Competitive Salary, Optional Health Insurance, Employee Assistance Programme including access to 24-hour counselling service, Cycle to Work Scheme
Seetec is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and uphold this commitment in conjunction with the requirements of the Prevent Duty and the positive promotion of modern British values.
Dependent on the role applying to you may be required to process a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS/DS) check. Seetec support the recruitment of ex- offenders and will not discriminate in anyway. Our full policy statement of "Ex-Offenders" can be found on our website under" About us"
Seetec is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
If you require assistance with your application or an alternative format please contact the recruitment team on (phone number removed)