eCommerce Trading Manager - Cornwall
Our client is one of the UK's bestselling organic childrenswear brands. It is looking for a candidate with passion for innovation and the ability to run its global eCommerce platform. With experience at a similar level, the ability to plan and map out new markets and opportunities. You'll be creative and a skilled stakeholder who can identify, develop, and monitor new ideas to maximise growth. With a strong retail background, solid analytical skills, you will build on business strategy. You will also need proven leadership skills too take your team, including external suppliers, on an exciting journey to build on successes, explore new ideas and achieve results.
You will oversee the day to day running of the brand's eCommerce global platform. You will be a trader at heart, read the market, align trading and marketing activity and be able to provide strategic recommendations for the Director of eCommerce and Marketing. As eCommerce Trading Manager, you will develop and drive the trading of online channels to increase sales.
* Trade the channel to increase sales across the companies group of brands for UK and internationally
* Lead a CRO strategy and implement a test & learn plan
* Build out the analytics capability and share insights across the business
* Use analytics and all relevant insights to gain a strong understanding of the customer journey to optimise sales, measure performance & define strategy
* Own customer journey and drive improvements with NPS (Net Promoter Score)
* Drive and innovate merchandising across the site and drive improvements in customer availability across sites with wider teams
* Work closely with performance marketing (agency relationship) to drive conversion, increase new customer acquisition and repeat purchases
* Manage the CRM function to drive customer life cycle
* Develop a deep understanding of the current market and highlight opportunities, including online marketplaces, to expand our reach nationally and internationally, turning ideas into actionable plans
* Develop knowledge of the product and market with customer focus highlighting peaks in the market
* Lead all aspects of the eCommerce business including, business planning, web analytics, content strategy, promotional campaigns, and other online marketing
* Evaluate, prioritise, develop, manage, implement, and test e-commerce initiatives and input in shaping future eCommerce roadmap with wider web project managers
* Organise launch dates, site navigation amendments, design output and reporting mechanisms for upcoming projects and development implementations
* Forecasting and planning for finance and warehouse teams
* Provide leadership and direction to the team to meet business and individual objectives.
* Conduct regular 1-2-1 meetings and annual appraisals to monitor and evaluate individual performance, offering constructive feedback and tailored development plans to encourage continuous personal development.
* Provide feedback and reporting to senior management, regarding the performance, growth and future needs of your team when required.
* 5-7 years experience within eCommerce
* Experience with a retail FMCG /preferably fashion brand as an existing eCommerce manager (be managing at least one line report in eCommerce)
* Proven experience managing a team
* Knowledge awareness of CRO
* Experience of management of Marketplaces.
* Google Analytics Experience
* Experience of Magento 2 and/or Shopify+ (Desirable but not essential)
* Excellent communicator in the spoken and written word, with accuracy and great attention to detail.
* Super organised with excellent time management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
* Solid IT skills, with good working knowledge of MS Office programs and the ability to learn in-house systems quickly