LINQ are currently recruiting for Fibre Splicers to join a tier 1 contractor in the telecommmunications industry. Our client have contracts all over the UK and are looking for promising people across the South-East to join their team.
In your role you will be responsible for:
* Installation of optical fibre cable, bundles and blown fibre tubing using fibre blowing equipment to required standards, including fault finding on existing network.
* Live network Fusion splicing using Fujikura 70s or similar.
* Splicing and testing of external optical fibres to the end customer premise in line with quality standards using OTDR /ILM/PMD/CD/EXFO FTB200 or similar.
* Production of Fibre characterisation reports.
* Supporting company and client engineers to connect Residential and Business customers.
* Working as an individual and as a part of team to achieve targets and KPI's.
* Adherence with Health and Safety legislation
You will have the following qualifications and be able to prove experience and competence.
* Must hold a full UK driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 points on your licence
* Hold a valid NRSWA street works Operative unit 2 card
* Experience working with design schematics, duct diagrams and works instructions.
* Ability to produce, update and interpret records of daily work logs, data recordings and network design maps.
* Hold or have held Openreach overhead, underground and fibre accreditation modules.
* Have extensive experience of working on the Openreach network.
* Confident working at heights and in the underground network.
* Excellent communication skills
* Risk assessment and hazard identification and a strong focus on Health and Safety practices.
What's on offer for successful candidates?
* Competitive earning potential
* Full tooling, PPE and uniform
* Fully expensed and maintained company vehicle
* Personal accident insurance
* Excellent career progression opportunities
If you believe that you are the right fit, have the skills and expertise to add to our existing team and are looking to join a company where progression is a core value, please apply to Drew on (phone number removed)