Crane Service & Operations Manager
Great rates of pay are on offer for the right candidate
My client is the UK's largest agricultural & construction dealership, with many different locations across East Anglia and the South East, offering first quality service and support to their customers.
They are looking for an experienced Crane Service & Operations Manager to join the existing team at their successful branch, based in Colchester.
You will be responsible for the efficient running of the Crane Service and operations office, covering crane servicing and crane builds.
You will organise and run a workshop for the full fitting of cranes involving calculations and fabrication. Supporting sales in a technical capacity will also be included. You will manage customer relations and the departmental profitability, whilst maintaining effective and accurate communications between management, customers and technicians.
* Knowledge of General engineering/steel fabrication, HGV Body building and hydraulics would be advantageous
* Crane and HGV knowledge would be advantageous
* Previous management experience or supervisory is desirable in a workshop environment
* Familiarity of profit/loss management and reporting
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal diplomatically with customers during busy periods both verbal and written
* Can remain calm under pressure
* Be organized and have the ability to multitask efficiently
* Can deal with staff related matters confidently and in line with company procedures
* Proactive and methodical in approach to problem solving
* Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the business
* Act with discretion when dealing with matters of a confidential nature
* Ability to manage customer expectations without over committing
* Able to work alone and on your own initiative
* Maintain a good general level of health and fitness
* Good general appearance as customer facing role
Start Date: Immediate, subject to successful candidates notice period
Location: Colchester, CO2
Hours: 42.5hrs per week, 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday (1hr unpaid lunch) Additional hours required to meet business needs
Term: Permanent, full time, salaried
Salary: Depending on skills and experience, plus company vehicle, plus profit related bonus
Benefits: 24 Days Annual Leave (plus bank holiday), Company Sick Pay
Scheme, Workplace pension, Staff Discount in Country Stores and Death in Service Cover (2 x salary)
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you then please do not hesitate to apply now