Technical Support Desk Manager
Select Appointments have a fantastic opportunity available in the Peterborough area to work as a Technical support Desk Manager.
The job details are as follows:
The role will be responsible for the Day to Day running of the Technical Support Desk which provides Technical Support & Assistance to both Customers and internal departments.
The Technical support aspect of the role covers full product range which includes; Broadband & Routers, Telephone Lines & Calls, On Premise & Cloud based Phone systems, Leased Lines, Managed IT & Networks.
The key focus, as the Manager of the team, is to ensure faults & change requests are dealt with correctly and within SLA, accurate records are kept up to date and reporting on performance of the technical support desk. This will require both personal & team contribution.
The person in the role will report to the Operations Manager and also work closely with the Technical Manager on delivery of the all services provided by the department, and from time to time on projects with other key stake holders within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Day to day management of the Technical desk & personnel.
• Ensure all faults are dealt with in SLA and resolved efficiently
• Monitoring performance of the Technical Specialist and compliance to company policy's and procedures.
• Act as point of escalation for Technical Specialists.
• Ensure all records for faults are kept up to date and details are recorded correctly.
• Ensure all access records are promptly updated internally and where required to external partners and to other departments
• Ensuring customers are updated on faults & changes in a timely and correct manner
• Monitoring of Suppliers SLA's within your area of responsibility
• Compilation of perform reports for the Tech Desk and for Customer.
• Ensuring all chargeable work is charged out when required.
• Suggest improvement for ways of working and help in developing policies and procedures.
• Overseeing out of Hours Support Rota.
• Management of Team members including development & HR
· 3 Years help desk experience working on a Tech desk in an IT Environment preferred.
· Preferable 2 year in a Supervisory/Management role
· Ability to communicate to people from a technical and non-technical background
Flexible and adaptable to a fast-moving environment with ever-changing demands.
· Experience of support Office products including Office 365
· Good IP Networking Skills, VLAN, advance Routers, Switch configuration.
If you are the ideal candidate for this position please apply with an up to date CV or call Dan in Peterborough on (phone number removed)