Semi Senior Practice Accountant
Location: North London
Salary: £31k + performance-based bonus
Contract: Full Time, permanent.
Hours: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week (9am - 6pm)
At Heighten Accounting we pride ourselves for meeting all our clients' accounting needs and providing them with 360-degree support for over ten years.
Our core values are communication, integrity, team, empathy & dedication. Our team members represent our main asset and we support their success with training opportunities, personal development and career progression.
We are looking for a Senior Practice Accountant, with strong practice experience to support our next growth phase. Comfortable in a small office environment, you'll take responsibility for managing a portfolio of small business clients.
Semi Senior Practice Accountant - The Role:
We are looking for an experienced and self-driven Senior Practice Accountant to manage the company accounting practices through exemplary financial management, liaisons with team members, and efficient reporting.
The Semi Senior Practice Accountant's main focus will be to manage the current client portfolio and acquire new clients. The right candidate will communicate with management and help the firm to get more clients of the right type. He/she will provide exemplary compliance accounting and advisory services to clients, manage his/her own portfolios of client, providing strong customer service and adhering to the firm's systems.
Proactive attitude and leadership skills are must have attributes for this role. Communication skills and awareness of the Customer Care Systems are vital in building relationships with clients.
The key duties of the role are as follows:
• Generating & onboarding new clients
• Selling services to existing clients
• Managing clients to ensure that the practice is giving "world-class" service
• Regular client contact, on a pro-active basis
• Managing the team workload to ensure that targets are met, review their work and support them in their personal development.
• Conduct appraisals meetings with junior members of the team and provide them with constructive feedback.
• Perform daily activities of statutory reporting for Accounts, Bookkeeping, VAT Returns, Personal & Business Tax payroll, Business Health checks, Basic Tax Planning,
• Adhering to the firm's systems:
o Have a deep knowledge of the software applications used by the company. Provide clients and junior member of the team with training and support on these.
o Manage, organise and update relevant data using database applications
o Complete all training programmes as required by the firm. Maintain an average of 40 CPD points per each calendar year.
• Act as a key person for liaison between Principle and clients/other members staff.
Semi Senior Practice Accountant - Skills and Experience:
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ICAEW/IFA) with Two or more years' experience as Senior Accountant.
• Experienced in:
• Accounts & Corporation Tax
o Payroll, Bookkeeping & VAT
o Corporate & Personal Taxation
o Business Growth Strategies and Basic Tax Planning
o Business Advisory Services
• Strong IT & Automation Tools Skills
• Team Management skills
• Strong delegation skills
• Strong Communication skills
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Time-Management and Planning Skills
• Specific knowledge of TaxCalc, Quickbooks, Kashflow, ReceiptBank
• A knowledge of Virtual CabinetCIS, Payroll, Moneysoft and Brightpay would also be beneficial
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winning accountancy network.
If we've just described you and you want to experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses in a friendly local business atmosphere, then click the APPLY button to forward an up to date CV and cover letter.
Strictly no agencies.