10 Dock is a major infrastructure upgrade and modernisation programme within Devonport Royal Dockyard seeking to design and build major new facilities over the next 5 years to support the Ministry of Defence. The infrastructure programme is current finalising the concept design and seeking to mobilise further resources to support the scheme and detailed design phase as well as commencing on site physical enabling works to support the longer term construction contract.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
Lead the site operational control team and activity for the plant maintenance function; ensure effective provision of plant operations and control services including planning and scheduling maintenance activities, documentation control, works order and contractor control and progress & performance reporting
Typical plant can include power generation (electrical, heat, steam, etc.), distribution (heat, power, light, air, gas, etc.), manufacturing plant, water treatment plant (clean, ionised, waste), effluent plant, etc.
At this level is focused on management and delivery of the Operations service for plant management
1. Lead, coordinate, manage and control a team such that staff are developed, utilised and deployed effectively and employee performance & motivation is maximised to meet organisational standards and requirements
2. Develop and implement plans, approaches, schedules and improvement programmes to deliver ongoing monthly, quarterly and annual KPI's, SLA's and objectives for a department, unit or enabling service
3. Provide plant operations services and control for plant operations including planning and scheduling maintenance activities, documentation control, works order and contractor control and progress & performance reporting
4. Monitor and report plant performance, reliability and availability risks, issues and change control management producing timely and accurate information and data, analysis and reporting where required and in relation to status, compliance and performance for plan
5. Work with plant operations team to ensure planned maintenance schedules are delivered and oversee adherence and timely completion of work carried out to increase operational effectiveness
6. Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice maintenance vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
7. Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal & external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance and work collaboratively, negotiate & engage with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery & compliance of the maintenance strategy
8. Develop plans and schedules for the introduction or modification (or disposal) of new machinery, plant and equipment; ensure all parties are consulted during plan development, then informed and aware of their role and obligations in the delivery of plant plan
For more information on this role, please contact Scarlet Wilson on (phone number removed)