Sugarman Education are currently recruiting for experienced KS4 GCSE Teachers / 1:1 Tutors within the Biggleswade area.
Working as a 1:1 Tutor for Children's Services could be one of the most rewarding roles that you have experienced. By working one-to-one with a young person without the distractions of being in a classroom or the pressures of hitting unrealistic targets, you can develop a healthy and empowering rapport with your students and create an educational programme designed around their interests which facilitates a positive learning experience and successful outcomes.
This is a fantastic opportunity for:
- Teachers who wish to make a positive impact on Looked after Children or children with learning difficulties.
- Teachers who are looking for more flexibility or additional work.
- If you are looking for an immediate start.
- Have a GCSE subject specialism.
About the role:
Work with a wide-range of vulnerable children who have a diverse set of needs
Booking will either be home tuition or school based supporting students
The biggest focus on delivering skills in core subjects to bridge vast gaps in their learning and support these young people emotionally
Supporting students to achieve pass grades in GCSE subjectsAbout the successful Tutor:
Teachers with a focus on GCSE Maths, English, Science, Geography, History, Art, PE, Sociology or Ethics and Philosophy.
Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people and those with SEND
Positive behaviour strategy knowledge and experience of helping children self-regulate emotions
Excellent written communication and reporting
Excellent timekeeping and reliability
Skills and Experience:
- Teachers with GCSE specialisation preferred.
- Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people in the care system.
- QTS (Qualified Teacher Status) or demonstrable previous experience.
- Excellent written communication and reporting.
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability.To be eligible, the Tutor must:
Valid Enhanced DBS check
Be a qualified Teacher (ideally PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS)
Be a UK resident or be eligible to work in the UKTo be considered for this role apply with your most up to date CV
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted
Children's Services, are an interim provider of specialist education for young people (5 to 18 years of age) Children's Services specialise in providing bespoke educational packages for Children in Care, those with SEN, SEMH, EBD and those with multiple barriers to learning; with the end goal of supporting each student back into a long-term educational placement.
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer