About The Role
The aim of the Finance team at Claranet is to provide expert financial advisory and support services to the business underpinned by an effective control environment. This falls into three key areas: (1) Financial Business Services: Production of reporting to support and influence business decision making and overall management of the bi-annual Business Planning process; (2) Corporate Services: Development and management of an appropriate governance and risk management framework and the provision of information for Group Finance; (3) Financial Shared Services: Efficient provision of transactional and administrative business processes including related system development and stewardship of core data quality.
The Finance function is a professional environment and consists of the following functions; Financial & Management Accounting, Business Partnering, Credit Control, Sales Support, Cancellations, Legal, Procurement & Compliance. Much of the UK finance function is based in Gloucester although we have members of the team in London, Warrington and Leeds as well as some homeworkers.
We are passionate and driven team with a vision to provide a high-level of service to the organisation.
This role is within the financial accounts team and reports to the Senior Financial Accountant. The financial accounts team is responsible for the timely & accurate preparation of day to day record keeping and reporting.The key priorities for the role are:
About The CandidateEssential:
- Supervision of a small team to include daily work schedules.
- Processing of supplier invoices and credit notes, including coding and matching, ensuring that any discrepancies are investigated and resolved on a timely basis.
- Oversee and complete supplier statement reconciliations and liaising with suppliers to resolve invoicing queries.
- Monitoring open AP items and the clearing of old outstanding items and debit balances.
- To prepare and process approved ad hoc manual payments and weekly electronic supplier payment runs.
- To prepare supplier statement reconciliations on a timely basis and investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- To critically assess the accounts payable process, recommend and implement process improvements and to ensure that all accounts payable processes are fully documented.
- Complete month end procedures and reporting by specified deadlines.
- To ensure that all expense claims are authorised by the relevant manager and that VAT receipts are attached where appropriate, raising payments and allocating costs to correct nominal ledger account.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- At least 5 years solid Accounts Payable experience.
- Experience within a within a medium to large sized business.
- Experience of working in high transactional environment
- Excellent administrative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise workload in alignment with the business needs
- Ability to work well within a team and build relationships both throughout the organisation and with relevant third parties
- A quick learner, able to pick up using multiple new systems
About The Company
- Experience with Microsoft-based accounting software (preferably F&O)
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Claranet combine pioneering technologies, practices, and expertise to propel our customers ambitions. Through a vibrant customer centric culture of collaboration, learning, and opportunity, we nurture a dynamic community of the best technology and service expertise spanning hybrid cloud, cybersecurity, networks, and unified communications.
Founded in 1996, Claranet has evolved into a multi-disciplinary technology services provider with global reach. The company has annualised revenues of circa £350 million, over 6,500 customers, and more than 2,000 employees in nine countries. In the UK we have over 500 staff working in London, Gloucester, Warrington, Bristol, and Leeds, or as homeworkers.
Claranet consistently appears in The Sunday Times Top Track 250 as one of the fastest growing privately-owned businesses in the UK. Our international success is driven by local service, out of local offices, using a mixture of local and international infrastructure, including hyperscaler clouds.