VD Recruitment is recruiting for a Deputy Nursery Manager for a beautiful small and growing Nursery in East London with a capacity of 30 children.
We are looking for an experienced and efficient Deputy Manager who will work closely with the Nursery Manager to assist in providing a safe, secure and stimulating environment for children and collaboratively work with colleagues, parents, carers and other multi professionals. Be committed to safeguarding and create an inclusive environment.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of Level 3 qualification in Childcare or above. At least two years post qualifying experience with preferably at least one year in a senior position. Must have strong knowledge of the EYFS, good communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
Salary Offered - £23k - £25k
Location - East London, E2 area
Duties of the Deputy Manager includes:
* Deputise for the Manager.
* Oversee the smooth running of the nursery.
* Lead the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery.
* Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery.
* Creating stimulating activities for children inside and outside the nursery.
* Carrying out joint/peer observations.
* Working closely with room leaders.
* Sharing information with parents
* Staff training.
* Participating in team meetings.
Experience , Qualification & Skills Required:
* Childcare qualified to Level 3 / 4 or above from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE).
* You may have experience of the following: Room Manager, Third-in-charge, Deputy Manager
* Fluency in written and spoken English and an ability to write reports as directed by the manager.
* Strong knowledge of the EYFS.
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send your cv or call on (phone number removed)