A vacancy has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Engineer based at our Beetroot Site in March, Cambridgeshire.
G's is an incredibly exciting place to work, at the forefront of modern farming and food distribution means its fast-paced, stimulating, and rewarding. We work with the biggest food retail brands in the UK and Europe and want people who will do what's right for G's and our customers.Role Requirements & Responsibilities:Management Support
Assist the Maintenance Manager in providing timely and supportive service to all of the March Site Production Operations, thus minimising the disruption caused by breakdowns and reducing their impact upon Service Level Agreements.Prioritising Workload
In liaison with the Maintenance Manager, ensure that all jobs are prioritised in a manner that minimises disruption to production and facilitates the production processTraining/Coaching
Develop the skill base of the engineering team through the coaching, training, and development of those not equipped with similar skills. Utilise the experience of others to initiate one's own personal development.Continuous Professional Development
In liaison with the Maintenance Manager ensure an up to date knowledge of all new legislation and techniques concerning your sphere of employment and request training as appropriate.Planned Maintenance
- In conjunction with the Maintenance Managermaintain a planned preventative maintenance programme and liaise with the general management team to ensure the minimisation of downtime and disruption.
- During their shifts, they will have a responsibility to audit the machinery in the area and to carry out the preventative maintenance schedules attached to the machines as well as providing breakdown cover. Audit sheets will be issued for this purpose and additional information to improve the detail for this process will be gathered by engineers.
Analyse market conditions relating to engineering developments and elicit feedback and ideas from end-users so as to ensure the company is able to meet the changing needs of our customers and establish a competitive advantage for G's.General
- Ensure that all work is conducted in line with the Company's high standards of hygiene and workplace tidiness
- A clean as you go policy is to be adhered to and followed by all staff. Engineer's cupboards, toolboxes, etc. are to be in an auditable condition at all times and will undergo periodic inspections
Maintain all equipment in your possession to a required standard and advise of any repairs that are required thus ensuring an available supply of equipment to perform the tasks required.Contractors
- Advise the Maintenance Manager of Contractor requirements and facilitate their work on the premises.
- When we have contractors in the factory they need to be accompanied by an Engineer and they will be responsible for the contractor's acts and Omissions and to ensure that the work supplied is to the standard expected and the result is what was required.
In the absence of the Maintenance Manager, ensure that all systems and procedures are maintained and assume responsibility as required.General Maintenance
Assist the Maintenance Manager with the general maintenance of the March site, in order to maintain its fabric and enhance its facilities thus making it a safe working environment conducive to high productivity and efficiency.Work Location
- Engineers will be given responsibility for an area each shift, and this will not be exclusive but will be their prime location for work.
- The prime location will be where they will spend the majority of the shift, particularly for the first 3 hours of the shift start-up. This will mean they have a direct influence on the efficiency of this location and will be measured against the same K.P.I's.
- Each engineer will have a TIME SHEET that needs to be filled out daily; this will log what jobs they have been assigned to and how long they have spent on each of the tasks.
- When an engineer has had to take parts from the stores then this will be documented on the sheets provided to say what the part is, who is the manufacturer, and how many have been used. As the stores develop the engineers will be required to use the new system and always follow the procedure.
- If there are jobs that are new to the engineer, then this task needs to be risk assessed, and using the books provided fill out a risk assessment form for the task to be taken on.
- Engineers are to fill in the job handover sheet every time. This will always be completed on the line and signed off by the responsible production operative in the area. This is a mandatory requirement and will link to the time and audit sheets.
- All paperwork will be put into each engineer's document holder at the end of their shift so this can be collected.
- At shift changeover, there will be a meeting which all the shift engineers will attend to pass on information to the shift that has just started about what has happened, what they have dealt with, what they have left, and any other information that is important to the other members of the shift and the incoming shift. The shift handover book will also always be filled in with all jobs undertaken throughout the shift.
- A whiteboard is available in the workshop for Engineers to record information for their colleagues to help in the smooth running of the department and to record outstanding tasks that are either waiting for parts or the opportunity to carry out.
There is a Calendar showing shift patterns and what each engineer prime work location will be on any particular day.Candidates Requirements:
- To hold a C & Guild or other equivalent qualifications in Mechanical or electrical engineering
- To have a least 2 to 5-year experience work in an industrial engineering background
- To have a flexible approach to onsite & offsite training
- To be very self-motivated, work at a high personnel/working standard, happy to on shifts, with a positive mindset and methodical approach to fault finding
- And with a positive driven approach to any they do
3 days per week - 5.00 am - 5.00 pm