Compensation package: £30,000 - £35,000 basic salary, 25 days holiday, 8% pension, Company Car life assurance, income protection and health cash policy.
Our Customer Engineer will be primarily responsible for startups, maintenance, and emergency repairs for UPS, battery, power distribution, and site monitoring equipment. The secondary responsibility will be to establish, promote and maintain excellent rapport with all customers, salesmen, distributors, and others within the area, while maintaining active and open dialogue with the service direction team.Key Responsibilities:
- Customer Focused Delivery;
Respond appropriately, in a timely manner and professionally to all service calls while on duty. You will leverage your expert knowledge of UPS, Batteries, Power Distribution and Site Monitoring equipment to deliver excellent customer experience and service.
- Regulatory, Process and Health & Safety Excellence;
You will be an expert in current Health and Safety legislation to ensure that our clients, but more importantly you are safe while attending calls.
At Vertiv you won't just be a member of the UPS customer engineer team but a member of the Vertiv team - we work together to reach and exceed our client's expectations. You'll deliver towards this with your technical expertise - support UPS customer team members with best practice or innovative solutions. Required Skills:
- HNC/HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience of working in a technical service -Electrical/Electronic equipment essential UPS preferred or associated industries ie Power Electronics;
- Experience working on industrial sites (Power Stations, Oil & Gas locations, Nuclear facilities etc) would be an advantage;
- Self-starter, ability to plan, organize and manage time effectively with an ability to work under pressure.