Reporting to the CEO, this role is responsible for ensuring the integrity and accuracy of all financial transactions and information. Compiling the forecast and budget information and supporting the provision of accurate and consistent reporting to the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
Working in conjunction with the CEO, the role is key in communicating and understanding the proposed budget and forecast information and interpreting the impact in respect of reported information. The post-holder must have excellent analytical skills with the ability to communicate confidently and clearly.
Key work areas and tasks
* Responsible for ensuring that all Bureau financial systems are maintained and ensure the smooth running of the office in conjunction with the Office Manager.
* Working closely with the CEO, responsible for coordinating the budget process and maintaining CAY finances in good order.To ensure that financial systems within the Bureau are maintained. And to work with and assist the Office Manager to ensure that all stock and equipment is kept in good order.
Supporting the Trustee Board
* In conjunction with CEO, provide financial reporting, budget variance analysis and any other financial reporting as required
* Attend meetings as required, and be prepared to take minutes
* Attend appropriate internal and external meeting as agreed with line manager
• Assist the Chief Executive Officer in the preparation of financial reports
* Support the preparation of bids and projects by providing costing and financial information as required.
* Assist in the preparation of costing for proposed projects and funding bids
* Ensure financial controls are operating effectively and that the Bureau is consistently working within themUnderstand and work within financial controls
* Responsible for ensuring integrity of the data within the bureau financial systems Oversee and maintain the operation of bureau financial systems
* Coordinate the budget process
* Assist in the preparation of budgets
* Be responsible for producing regular management accounts and supporting variance analysis
* • Make authorised payments, claims and returns to HMRC, if appropriateProvide any financial support or advice to the CEO and CAY team
* Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies for payments and reporting (eg.HMRC, Companies House)
* Bookkeeping requirements, including bank reconciliations and operating a petty cash system
* Assist all management staff in ensuring that Health and Safety policies and procedures for staff, premises and equipment are maintained and comply with statutory requirements
* Support the maintenance of effective and efficient administration systems
* Ensure sufficient stock control and ordering takes place within authorised limits
* Ensure that an up to date equipment inventory is kept and replacement needs are brought to the attention of the Chief Executive Officer and Trustee Board