Lomax Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a Category Manager in Milton Keynes.
Our client, a European leader is rapidly expanding and offering a fantastic career opportunity. They are looking to hire an experienced Category Manager to manage an extensive category of products. This Category Manager will be the one responsible for the pricing and overall promotion of the product category to maximise consumer appeal. Relationships with vendors and product range management will also be part of your duties.
This Category Manager must have experience in understanding consumer needs. They must have a commercial mindset and full comprehension of marketing and sales principles. Exceptional communication skills are also key for this category manager.
You will work closely with sales teams, drive costings down and increase sales and profitability of the business to drive sustainable growth.
Category Manager responsibilities
* Analyse a wide data set or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
* Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
* Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
* Foster trust relationships with vendors to achieve better pricing and quality of services
* Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
* Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
* Liaise with marketing and sales teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
* Collaborate with buyers and merchandisers to expand product categories
* Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
* Assume responsibility of budget development and revenue for the category
Category Manager Requirements
* Proven experience as Category Manager or a similar role
* Proven experience working alongside sales teams to increase profitability
* Good knowledge of category management, marketing and sales principles
* Understanding of data analysis and forecasting methods
* Proficient in MS Office and ERP systems
* An analytical mind with a strategic ability
* Excellent communication and people skills
* Outstanding prioritisation skills and flexibility around changing priorities
* Proven in coping with a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
Salary and Benefits
* £28000 - £38000 + benefits
* Milton Keynes
Lomax Recruitment Group is a Milton Keynes Recruitment Agency providing recruitment services throughout the UK, Europe and worldwide