Vitality, Platform Engineer (Digital App Infrastructure), Bournemouth, £Competitive plus bonus and benefits
We're the UK insurer and investment provider that rewards people for positive lifestyle choices. With 1.25m+ UK members and more than 25m globally, we're out to make the world a healthier, happier place.
That applies as much to our people as it does to our members. So, as well as a highly competitive pay package, you'll enjoy: complimentary breakfasts; regular onsite physical and mental wellness workshops; on-site health checks; annual flu jabs, and access to our full range of partners and rewards.
It's what we call offering shared value, because a healthy, happy team is good for us, good for our members, and good for you.
As ourPlatform Engineer (Digital App Infrastructure), you'll get the benefits our members enjoy, including:
- Our award-winning private Vitality Health insurance + wellness incentive programme
- Access to The Vitality Programme - Apple Watch, Waitrose and Partners, Garmin, Champneys Spa days, half price gym memberships, Disney Store discounts to name a few!
- Personal health fund + Life Assurance
- Stakeholder Pension Plan with employer contribution
- 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays + option to buy and sell 5 more.
- Flexible benefits package
- Internal incentives, competitions, and awards - a chance to win football and sports tickets or even be in with a chance to have a holiday of a lifetime
- A genuine opportunity to grow and establish a long-term career
The mission is to transform our infrastructure into resilient, scalable, and repeatable IaaS and PaaS services that support current and future business requirements.
The Platform Engineer (Digital App Infrastructure) will support this mission by applying their skills and knowledge in the end to end design, build, support and automation of platforms and infrastructure services using technology comprising Windows, Linux, VMware, AWS, Docker, Kubernetees and Ansible.
Responsibilities as ourPlatform Engineer (Digital App Infrastructure):
- Collaborate with Vitality technical teams and 3rd party infrastructure service providers in the design, build and operation of Vitality Platform and infrastructure services
- Automate and orchestrate the delivery of infrastructure and platform services, promoting the use of IaC across all teams
- Responsible for the day to day support, maintenance and upgrade of Vitality branch office, data center and cloud infrastructure and platforms
- Identify opportunities to optimise return on investment, efficiency, reliability, and simplicity of Vitality platform and infrastructure services
- Continuously develop technical subject matter expertise on established and emerging infrastructure technologies
- Identify, socialise and implement best practices as they emerge
- Advise product teams on how to get the most out of the platform and the shared components it provides
- Provide input into the strategic direction and roadmap of technologies within area of discipline
- Resolve and make decisions on more complex incidents and service requests
Skills and experience required to become our Platform Engineer (Digital App Infrastructure):
- Have proven experience building highly available, reliable hosted solutions in AWS and VMware Cloud which support enterprise applications
- Strong candidates will have experience of how to craft environments that support good practices for the development team such as auto scaling, blue green deployments, auto failover etc.
- Experience working with Windows and Linux operating systems, ideally experience of hardened builds
- Experience of provisioning and configuration management, automation and orchestration tools
- Exposure and understanding of container (Docker) and container orchestration technology (Kubernetees)
- Scripting capability, creating Infrastructure as Code
- Experience of monitoring solutions for cloud based dynamic environments
- AWS Certification
Closing Date: Wednesday 14th October 2020
Working for Vitality, you'll experience an exciting mix of creativity and innovation, within a framework of challenging objectives and a passion for delivering the best.
Our people are chosen for their skills, knowledge, enthusiasm, and attitude but above all, their belief that anything can be achieved.
If you feel you have the skills and experience to become our Platform Engineer (Digital App Infrastructure), thenplease click 'apply' today.