Our client, a successful firm of Solicitors are looking for a Residential Property Conveyancer to join their team.
* To assist the Director in managing the Departments caseload from initial instructions from client to post completion matters to include opening/closing files.
* To provide clear, comprehensive and accurate legal advice to clients.
* To run files in accordance with all internal, professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations.
* To carry out client sourcing activities in accordance with internal targets.
* Provide clients with comprehensive and accurate legal advice. To attend upon clients on the telephone and in person.
* Run transactions smoothly to conclusion providing a high level of service.
* To confirm advice in correspondence.
* To respond promptly to all written and telephone communications in accordance with the office manual.
* To liaise with solicitors, agents and any other third parties in a timely and professional manner.
* To keep abreast of legal developments in the fee earner's sphere of practice and defer to expert third party advice where appropriate.
* To progress actively the client's matter promptly to conclusion.
* To comply with all professional, regulatory and statutory training requirements.
* To keep up-to-date and comply with all procedural, regulatory, statutory and professional changes relevant to the job description and professional qualification.
* To draft all necessary documentation required to progress the client's case and to proof-read documents.
* To ensure that paper and electronic files are up to date, accurate and organised.
* To comply with all internal, professional conduct and accounts rules and obligations.
* To prioritise work to meet deadlines agreed with the client or any other party involved with the matter.
* To ensure that all information used in managing the files and storing deeds and wills and any other documents relating to the case are accurately recorded.
* To meet time recording, billing and other performance targets (if applicable).
* To ensure that all requisite deadlines relating to the case are accurately recorded in the central diary system.
* To take a proactive approach to building professional relationships with clients and other contacts.
* To assist other fee earners/members of staff as directed by the Managing Director