Management Accountant I Sheffield I c £35000 plus benefits
Ash Consulting are working with a growing utilities provider that has seen rapid growth through innovative strategy, focused development of management teams, solid investment and ambitious achievable plans to become a market innovator and established leader in their field. The role is based in a desirable central location and the modern offices provide a pleasant and enjoyable environment which is supplemented by a friendly workforce.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the production and reconciliation of financial statements. You will work closely with the Head of Finance to ensure the integrity of the general ledger in meeting the required standards and audit readiness. You will also manage and motivate two direct reports.
This position will be a core business role sitting within the finance function of the company and, within a sector that is notoriously complicated, the appointee will require a thirst to quickly learn and understand new procedures and in turn you be able to aid the business into strategic decision making and thus contribute and add value to the team.
- Managing the finance team looking after bookkeeping & month end duties
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Review and maintain balance sheet reconciliations and manage balance sheet processes ensuring audit readiness
- Supporting production of annual statutory accounts
- Responsible for Balance sheet reconciliations and control
- Support R&D tax claims
- Review and submit monthly VAT rebates
- Maintain the Fixed Assets Register
- Managing payroll
- The successful candidate will be fully qualified (CIMA/ACCA)
- Exceptional organisational and communication skills are required together with proven leadership capabilities
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- 2 years post qualification
- Self-motivated and able to work under own autonomy as well as being a proactive team player
Interested candidates should submit a full CV detailing qualifications and experience along with a cover not detailing current/anticipated salary and availability to commence a new role,
Ash Consulting will provide further details and a full Job/Person Specification upon receipt of the above.
Ash Consulting acts as an employment agency for permanent and fixed term contract recruitment and as an employment business for the supply of temporary workers.
Candidates to be invited for interview will be contacted within 10 days