Project Controls Manager
Our client is delivering a large infrastructure project c.500mil as part of the HS2 project.
The Project Control Manager implements defined control structures and processes for a key element of the Project integrating scheduling, risk, change management, document control and costing activities to provide clear and timely visibility of project performance to enable rapid and effective decisions to be taken and control actions to be implemented on a fully informed basis.
• Oversee the preparation of the level 2 Programme for the relevant section of the project.
• Maintain an accurate assessment of project section status at all times and provide reports to the Lead Project Controls Manager to consolidate reports to Project Director and the Client
• Implement defined processes and systems to control the project
• Develop of an integrated hierarchy of schedules for the section of the project integrated with the Master Programme for the overall project and ensure an accurate report of progress is maintained
• Ensure that an accurate assessment of risk and contingency allowance is maintained for the relevant section of the project
• Report resource requirements for section through integration of the schedules
• Report Key Performance Indicator's (KPI's) for performance at section level
• Develop the risk schedule and the development of a live risk register for the section of the project.
• Implement the system for providing early warning of emerging risks or issues
• Prepare formal and ad hoc reports of section process to be integrated into the monthly Project Report bringing together: -
Progress against schedule and trend
Actual cost vs. budget and trend
Live risk register
Contingency spend vs. risk
Early warnings / recommended action
• Ensure that the schedule for the section fully recognises the requirements consents and approvals
• Implement the document control strategy and system
• Develop and maintain a schedule of section interfaces and dependencies ensure that responsibilities for the management of interfaces are clearly assigned and understood.
• Ensure the effective management of the time and financial contingency built into the schedule for the section and ensure that contingency allowances reflect the current project position.
• Apply the change management process and ensure its application through all tiers of the project.
Technical Competencies Required:
* Very strong understanding of techniques for project planning, risk management, cost control and other facets of project control
* Ability to apply IT systems relevant to Controls.
* Strong knowledge of integrated project reporting
* Strong numerical and data analysis skills.
* Ability to use Primavera P6 and other software
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at